Anyway to find out when items Restock like 3080?

Options
Forty_One
Forty_One
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
I live closer to the Brentwood Missouri and was wondering if you guys have any method or email service that informs people of when hot items are restocked or planned to be restocked like a rtx 3080.  I'm not against driving up and camping out really early to get my hands on one but I would like to maybe have a heads up on availability. 

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    Hello, @Forty_One Welcome to the community!
    We don't have a notification system in place for something like that at this time. Normally, I would refer you to our website as it updates frequently and you'd be able to find that information there and reserve the product for pick up in the store. With these GPUs and the huge demand for them, we're not able to keep them in stock for that to be possible.
    I'd recommend visiting the store if you're able to. Our associates in our store may have a more accurate estimate for when we may receive our next shipment of 3080s.
    I hope this information is helpful to you! Best of luck getting your new card.
  • blackforce999
    edited February 2021
    Options
    They never have any information, if anything they want you to stand in line for hours just to try and get a 30xx anything,
    just sad i am on  other sellers  list that have a notification system, better then standing  in line all night just to see if any cards came in.
  • Forty_One
    Options
    They never have any information, if anything they want you to stand in line for hours just to try and get a 30xx anything,
    just sad i am on  other sellers  list that have a notification system, better then standing  in line all night just to see if any cards came in.
    Yeah when I asked they pretty much said you need to wait in line everyday.  I have no problem camping out super early to get my hands on one but no information was given if they would be in stock or not so your basically camping on a gamble if one comes in.  the microcenter is close enough for me to drive to buy stuff but not that close that I would camp everyday.  They told me they should start being more available in store since they been getting more and more in stock but at that point i imagine they will be more available online so i rather just do what's more convenient at this point.
  • blackforce999
    edited February 2021
    Options

yeah it's not worth it to stand in line all night cause i have talked to guys who was there in the front of the line that had been out there all night here in denver and said sometimes they only get 5 cards in so it turns into a waste of time , i don't even want one anymore. places like amazon are letting scammer scum bags sell cards at 2,800.00$ and just killing the market they are nothing more then a ebay will never use amascum again.

• Cousin
    Options

I'd much rather be lining up at a store then entering NewEgg's loot box system where they make you sign up to "get a chance" at a card, oh and you have to buy a motherboard or RAM that you don't want to even get the card because its "a bundle", and they won't even take a return for it...could be worse

• I agree with Blackforce999 about his Amazon comment.

Amazon should be doing EVERYTHING they can to not contribute to a scalper climate and inflated GPU trade. It's one thing to have this on eBay, but I expect a little more professionalism from Amazon considering I pay over $100/year for their membership. I am not alone in saying the following:

Amazon should begin putting active effort into removing sellers and items from their platform representing the GPU Scalper trade. There is precedent for these actions, as Amazon cracked down on over-inflated PPE and hand sanitizer during the early days of the pandemic. As a big player in this, step up and do your part, Amazon!

• Ravanos
    Options
    I live in AZ and the closest store is in California and is a 12 hour round trip to the store. A few weeks ago I jumped in my car on my day off to get an open box gpu that I had seen online.No stores in az have any gpu’s. When I got to the store they didn’t have it. It was around 1pm and I figured if they got any 30 series cards in it would be gone so I was about to leave when they said they just got the shipment of 30 series cards in. I completely lucked out and got the evga 3080 ftw3 ultra. I bet I could never do that again.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99