Hello!

Hello! I've been a Micro Center customer for about a year now after my friends told me about it and that I happened to live with in reasonable distance to one. I've gotten almost every single part of my first build from Micro Center and am very thankful to have one. I'll also probably be getting my 30 series card from it as well.

Anyways, I've noticed since last month about there being an actual community and have finally gotten to joining along on the ride. It seems like a nice cozy place to hang out with some swell people, and I'm excited to be with you guys! If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask! My question for you is; What computer part is your most favorite and why? Take care!

Comments

• Hello and welcome! Got to say my favorite part of a PC is the video card - just for the awesomeness of what it can produce.

• Hello @Paulll Welcome to the community!

We're glad to have you along for the ride as we help each other and grow with tech and fun!

To answer your question, I'd have to say that's pretty tricky and my favorite part is probably the case. It's the first thing you see when you look at your build and in my case (pun intended) it holds a powerhouse that gives me a ton of fun with friends.

I'd return your question back to you? What's your favorite part?

I'd also recommend that you check our Micro Center Asks category. It's a great place to get started here!

Can't wait to see you around elsewhere in the community!

• Oooh, I'd have to go with the graphics card! Definitely the main attraction of most people's build! Thank you for the warm welcome as well.

• Yeah, that's definitely my second in line, especially since I view it as the main power behind getting more FPS and better visuals.

That and the new 30 series cards take up the majority of the case 😂

• Paul_2
    Paul_2 ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2021

Hello @Paulll , I'm @Paul_2 nice to meet you!

My favorite component is probably a discrete RAID controller. Disk I/O is actually one of the biggest bottle necks in many applications, and often overlooked.

My current one is the Adaptec 81605zq. It has 16 ports of 12gbps SAS connections (also compatible with SATA), and a battery backed cache. Because it's supported in basically any operating system available, I can have multiple O.S. capable of being booted, and when I upgrade the motherboard and CPU of my tower, I can just put it in the new one and keep booting up without having to reload everything.

• @Paulll Welcome to the Community! My favorite part of a PC would have to be the water cooling kit. They are a pain to install but aren't they cool? Just the sound of *Blooop Blooop Blooop* and the aesthetics it adds to your build just makes it even better.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99