on a laptop, HP 15-da0012dx, will the SD card reader support a 256 gb card?

Options

I can't find any info on this, i need to upgrade my storage somehow. I am afraid I will buy a 256 gb xc card and not have it work. help! thanks! JL

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @justin707 and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. The HP 15-da0012dx should have a 128 GB m.2 SSD installed. There is an expansion slot for a the SD card reader. So an SD card reader will support any storage size of an SD card. You could get a 512gb xc card and the HP laptop's SD card reader would be able to recognize it and support it. You won't be able to find information specific to the HP laptop saying this as your inquiry is more related to the SD card reader's technology and what it supports. So you would have to research the capability of SD card readers and the SD cards it supports. You'll see SD card readers can read the SD card no matter the storage size (ex., 256gb or 512gb, etc.).

• justin707
    Options

well that is a great news. i bought this laptop at microcenter . . . but there was no sd card in it, it was a refurb. so i will go ahead and get a 256 card and see where it goes! thank you!!

• TSTDavey
    Options

@justin707 great sounds good. Don't hesitate to post another question if something else comes up.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99