My monitor goes black after playing games after a month but my pc is still on

I've had my pc for about a month, and once I had this thing for a month my monitor started to just go to sleep whenever I play a game. It's not even a demanding game. This all happened after I downloaded warzone and tried playing it. When I tried my monitor went black so I uninstalled the game and played a different game while I reinstalled it thinking that would fix it but then a game that worked perfectly fine before made my monitor turn off. This never happened before and I have a feeling that maybe warzone did this. And the thing is my monitor goes black and my pc is still on and the monitor wont turn on unless I unplug my pc and plug it back in. My pc is 

HP OMEN - 30L Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7-Series - 3700X - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD - Black

With a 500 PSU 

Comments

• Syrup said:
    I've had my pc for about a month, and once I had this thing for a month my monitor started to just go to sleep whenever I play a game. It's not even a demanding game. This all happened after I downloaded warzone and tried playing it. When I tried my monitor went black so I uninstalled the game and played a different game while I reinstalled it thinking that would fix it but then a game that worked perfectly fine before made my monitor turn off. This never happened before and I have a feeling that maybe warzone did this. And the thing is my monitor goes black and my pc is still on and the monitor wont turn on unless I unplug my pc and plug it back in. My pc is 

HP OMEN - 30L Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7-Series - 3700X - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD - Black

With a 500 PSU 
    I am sorry to hear that, since this has happened with multiple games, it certainly possible a recent update may have caused the issue. Have you tried using system restore or reinstalling the video drivers. One of the first things I can suggest is doing a clean install of the video drivers using DDU. We offer a great guide here on the community at https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2858/how-to-roll-back-or-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10
  • TSKyleH said:
    Syrup said:

With a 500 PSU 
    I am sorry to hear that, since this has happened with multiple games, it certainly possible a recent update may have caused the issue. Have you tried using system restore or reinstalling the video drivers. One of the first things I can suggest is doing a clean install of the video drivers using DDU. We offer a great guide here on the community at https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2858/how-to-roll-back-or-clean-install-video-card-drivers-in-windows-10
    I can't seem to roll back to a previous update and device manager says my graphics card is working perfectly fine. Should I tried the method shown at the bottom of the link you sent?
  • Hello @Syrup,
    Yeah please try the method at the bottom of that article. This will allow you to do a clean install of the drivers and see if that helps at all. There is a chance a driver was not installed properly. If that method does not work, and you have set up a restore point, before this happened I would try that next. 
  • TS_CalebS said:
    Hello @Syrup,
    Yeah please try the method at the bottom of that article. This will allow you to do a clean install of the drivers and see if that helps at all. There is a chance a driver was not installed properly. If that method does not work, and you have set up a restore point, before this happened I would try that next. 
    Sadly that method didn't work, do I have to install a new graphics card or get it fixed. If so do you know why? Or where I can. Or any other methods you may have.
  • Hello @syrup I understand the process didn't work, but did it give you any errors? Also do you have another video card to test with, if so you may try to install it to see if it gives a blank screen. I would also try to reduce the graphics options within the game if it lets you.
  • TSKyleH said:
    Hello @syrup I understand the process didn't work, but did it give you any errors? Also do you have another video card to test with, if so you may try to install it to see if it gives a blank screen. I would also try to reduce the graphics options within the game if it lets you.
    Nope the whole process went smoothly and I did everything without error. Also turning down the graphics doesn't seem to work it'll always end up with the monitor turning off. I don't have another GPU to test with so I might have to buy a new one. Do you think that'll solve the solution?
  • Syrup said:
    TSKyleH said:
    Hello @syrup I understand the process didn't work, but did it give you any errors? Also do you have another video card to test with, if so you may try to install it to see if it gives a blank screen. I would also try to reduce the graphics options within the game if it lets you.
    Nope the whole process went smoothly and I did everything without error. Also turning down the graphics doesn't seem to work it'll always end up with the monitor turning off. I don't have another GPU to test with so I might have to buy a new one. Do you think that'll solve the solution?
    The only other real thing you can try besides another video card is perhaps moving the video card to another PCI slot on the motherboard (if available), and see if that would make any change. 
  • Ian said:
    Syrup said:
    TSKyleH said:
    The only other real thing you can try besides another video card is perhaps moving the video card to another PCI slot on the motherboard (if available), and see if that would make any change. 
    I'm not good with computers but I'm pretty sure there isn't another slot for the GPU. Should I try just taking it out and putting it back in? If so do you have any referral videos I can watch so I don't do anything bad.
  • Hello @syrup, reseating the video card is a valid step to ensure it is sitting in the slot securely. The video card normally can be pulled straight out after removing a securing screwing on the side of the case. While you have the case open, you would also be able to confirm all of the power connections. A couple of the pictures can be seen in our troubleshooting guide here, https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2818/tech-article-how-to-troubleshoot-a-newly-built-pc-that-will-not-post-boot-power-on around step 8. 
  • I haven't taken out my GPU (yet) but I saw this wire sticking out with no area to plug it into. Is it a replacement for the GPU? Like I said I can't seem to find an area to plug it into the GPU, so maybe will switching those cords work?

• It's normal to have some extra wires in systems with non-modular power supplies. I would recommend checking to make sure that your GPU does have all of its power connectors properly plugged in.

You should see something like the above with proper PCIe power wires plugged into it.

You may switch out these wires if there are others on a different rail that will offer the correct connection for your GPU.

I'd still recommend reseating the GPU as well and then changing the slot that your GPU is in would also be a great test.

• Okay so some questions and concerns

First Do I remove this top part of the GPU so I can fully take it out. Also is there a specific screw driver for this part? I noticed that these screws were pretty small.

Second the wire here seems to be plugged in very tight and I can't take it out, am I supposed to leave it alone or is it supposed to be very tight and taken out once all the screws are out?

Third, there's a screw above it as you can see and below this part where the wire connects to. The screws don't seem to move at all when I move the screwdriver into them. Again are they supposed to be tight and not removed. Or am I supposed to use a specific screwdriver for them.

I am sorry for bothering you guys so much, I am just really bad with computers.

• Sorry, But my friend said the PSU could be a culprit of why this is happening. Do you have any idea on how to figure that out?

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99