Power Supply replacement for a Dell XPS 8500

Looking for a replacement Power Supply suggestion for a Dell XPS 8500. The existing PS is 460W.

Input: 100-240V~5.0A, 50/60Hz 

Output: 12.0VA 18.0A, 12.0VB 16.0A, 12.0VC 8.0A, 3.3V 17A, 5V 25A , 5V aux 3.0A

Total Output: 460W

Connectors

(1) 24-Pin ATX Connector

(1) +12V 4-Pin Power Connector

(2) 6-Pin Dell Proprietery Connector

(4) SATA Connectors

I believe this may be a solid option but wanted to make sure Dell 'proprietary 6 pin connectors' would not be an issue with whatever option I choose.

Could this work or other suggestions?

Comments

• I'm sorry to say that I don't know much about these 6-pin connectors or where they connect. I've reviewed the Dell 8500 manual and still cannot see what they might connect to. From what I can see, I'd recommend a Modular or Semi-modular PSU. Otherwise, I don't see what this would not work with this system.

Another option would be a short form factor or SFX PSU. Check here. This would allow you more room in the case.

Sorry, I can't be 100% certain on this, but I hope the info I have shared is helpful!

• Thanks and appreciate the info - I need to do more research on this but what is the difference between the ATC PS in the Dell and a 'modular' type PS ? Also I assume form factor is irrelevant and an SFX would work in an older ATX ?

• Modular would mean that you don't have to connect all of the mess of cables that come with a PSU. You can select the specific cables that you need.

The form factor in the Dell appears to be an ATX, and the SFX and ATX would be compatible with the system.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99