Brand New PowerSpec G436 Fan LED's quit

Options

I just purchased a PowerSpec G436 the other day, It has less than 2 hours run time. I ever so slightly slide the case over to allow more air flow and the Fan LED's suddenly turned off at that exact moment. The fans never stopped working, but the LED's have yet to come back on. I did not bump or jar the case in any way. The MSI Mystic Light app does nothing. I tried power cycling, nothing. I pulled the side cover and there are no obvious loose connections.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options

Hello @David_D90

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your fan's LED. Is it just one fan that has lost LEDs or all of the fans in the case?

If it is just the one, I'd recommend checking the connection on the motherboard!

Please let me know if this solves this for you.

• DMA
    Options

You can also pull the side case cover off and check to make sure all the 4 prong connections are in place.

I found that they are not very secure and it's possible that even a slight bit of case movement could possibly disengage the connections depending on their placement inside the case.

You may need to rearrange them and ensure they are secure and then make sure they are tied down securely.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99