New G467 - LAN / Ethernet Port not functioning

I've had this new G467 for about a month. The LAN port is not working. I've got a work around in that I can plug the ethernet cable into a ethernet-to-usb dongle and have full internet capability. Is there something I should try at home, or is it better to take the computer to the local MicroCenter facility for diagnosis?

Roger

Comments

• Hello @ironbuilder

When you plug in a wire to the ethernet port, are you seeing the green/yellow lights flashing on the port?

Also, I'd recommend opening Device Manager and checking your Network Adapters.

See if the device is actually listed there. If it is, I'd recommend uninstalling the driver, restarting, and then reinstalling the driver for that device.

I'd be happy to help you further with troubleshooting this, but you're also welcome to bring the device back into the store for us to assist you in our service department. Though there may be a slight wait due to how busy our service department may be.

Please let us know if this solves the issue for you!

• I was successful in uninstalling the driver / restart / reinstall and the LAN port is functioning as expected. Thanks for the assistance.

• Excellent! Thanks for updating us with this. Glad to hear that you've got it back working as intended!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99