Converting home PC to Gaming PC

Options

I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 that I sometimes use for school, but not nearly as much as my laptop. It has an Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, with an NVIDIA GT730 graphics card. If I could use some of the stuff I have in this PC to offset the costs that would be ideal. I would be playing FPS, such as COD and the new Battlefield 6, along with sports games (football, soccer, baseball). I would like to keep the budget around $1,000 if possible.

Thank you,

Patrick

Comments

• TSTDavey
    Options

Hello @Pacman85 and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. The Dell Inspiron wasn't designed to be a Gaming PC obviously as to why you want to convert it. You'll basically will have to rebuild the Dell System and with installation from us, including parts; you're looking at $1100-$1300 to rebuilt that Dell. Its not worth rebuilding a pc.

Its better to just invest in a pre-built system that already has the components for gaming. What Microcenter store are you near and we can give you a link to look at some systems. They may run you anywhere from $790 to $1000 for a prebuilt pc.

• Pacman85
    Options
    I am in South Carolina. I assume the closest would be a Georgia location. 
  • JS_MC
    Options

I believe you're correct. Our GA locations would be your closest stores!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99