Need Help With A PC Build

Ryzen 9 3900X Matisse 3.8GHz 12-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Prism Cooler

B450 Tomahawk Max AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard

AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Dual-Fan 12GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit CMW32GX4M2E3200C16 - Black

H510 Elite Dual-Tempered Glass RGB ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

C850 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply

BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

870 EVO 1TB SSD 3-bit MLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

Kraken Z63 280mm RGB CPU Water Cooling Kit

Huntsman Mini 60% Optical Gaming Keyboard Black - Linear Red Switch

Model D Gaming Mouse - Matte Black

Gigantus V2 - Soft Gaming Mouse Mat 2XL

Nitro XV240Y Pbmiiprx 23.8" Full HD 165Hz HDMI DP FreeSync IPS LED Gaming Monitor

LL120 RGB Hydraulic Bearing 120mm Case Fan with Lighting Node Pro - Triple Pack

iCUE LS100 Smart Lighting Strip Starter Kit

This is the build I dont know much of pcs just scraping the basics so please try to simplify any explanations that would really help a lot. I know I have a very powerful proccessor but will be getting a vr setup after I build the pc and the main use for it may be editing, gaming and just casual web browsing

Comments

• Hello @Kevin08 Welcome to the community!

I'd be happy to make some recommendations, but first a question! What kind of budget did you have in mind for this build?

As far as compatibility goes, I'm not seeing any issues with the parts that you have selected here. The only thing that I might be concerned with is the motherboard that you've selected. While the 3900X is compatible with the B450, I'd have to recommend going with the B550 or greater here. With the higher-tier motherboard, you're getting additional stability and a chipset that was designed for the CPU. The VRMs on the B550 or X570 would be better equipped to handle the 3900X.

I also noticed that you chose a 2.5" SSD for your board, I'd recommend an NVMe drive if possible. Since you mentioned that you'll be using the build for editing, I think that the additional speeds you'll see from an NVMe drive will be a nice improvement.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions for me!

• looking around a 2,000 dollar budget maybe even up to 2,500 thank you for the recomandation I will begin to look into what you suggested.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99