How does this look? Building a PC for digital art.

Teuthida
Teuthida
Name Dropper First Comment
edited March 2021 in Help Choosing Parts

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 3.8GHz 

Motherboard: ASUS - B460 Prime

RAM: Crucial Ballisitic Gaming 32GB (2x 16GB)

Case: Lian Li - Lancool II Tempered Glass eATX Full Tower

PSU: When I tried some of the cheaper PSUs available here, on pcpartpicker I got this message: 

"Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the [Power I tried] does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

Think I'd be ok with a cheaper one or should I got with one of the more expensive ones where that won't ever be an issue?

M.2 SSD: Intel - 660p 512GB 

Hard Drive: Seagate - BarraCuda 4TB

I know I want an M.2 SSD for the OS and programs and then more for storage but I'm not sure of the ideal split.

Video Card: With things the way they are and not a single card being available at the time of writing, I'm going to use my Radeon R7 250X until I can find something else. 

Heatsink: Cooler Master - Hyper 212

Between the fans in the case and the cpu fan do you think I'd need any more fans? 

I don't do much gaming these days but those I do play seem to run fine with the R7 250X. In the future I'd like to upgrade it to something that would work well with Blender.

At the moment I primarily work in Photoshop which I read the single highest core of the CPU matters most. Also a lot of RAM. I currently just about use all of my 16GB when I work. So how does this build look based on those that?

I'll probably have whatever I decide on built here in the next few days. (I built my current PC a decade ago and while it's run well until now, I remember that being a nerve wracking experience I'm not sure I want to repeat.)

Thank you for you help.

Comments

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99