Wanting an AMD build. Main Usage for VR while Streaming. $3k USD cap. Thanks for the help.

Having gotten interested in VR then I came to realize my current PC is not suitable. Although buying a new one seems illogical, when I could simply get the parts. I actually plan to give my current PC to my sibling as a gift for their birthday.

The build I have in mind, Link; https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=8930bb1d-7ce1-4d28-b171-b19a451f80f3

I didn't include Video Card as Micro Center seems to not have any at the location I plan on to purchase from. I would have to get it elsewhere. Likely.

I want criticism if the choices I have made, are overkill or not good enough. Mix-Maxing what I can do with under $3k USD. Yet also have a reliable system for Streaming and VR simultaneously.

Thank you for your time in reading my post. and thank you further for leaving a comment. I'll view my post daily in the evening.

Comments

• Hello @TheLastNoise and thanks for posting on the Microcenter Community Forum. Here are a few comments from your build. Everything looks good, but there might be some areas where you can save money by cutting back on a few items. See below:

The 64 gb of RAM may be a little over kill but won't hurt your system. 32 gb of memory is good enough for VR and video streaming.

What is driving the want for 2 individual 2 tb hdds? Why not just have 1 4tb HDD? Are you planning to do RAID Configuration? If no need for RAID, go with 1 4tb hdd. But again, 2 individual drives won't hurt your system.

We'd probably recommend to use the stock Ryzen 7 wraith cooler over the Redragon, just because its the stock cooler and its designed for the Ryzen 7 processor. The Redragon is a universal cooler which fits on the Ryzen 7, but the wraith is for the R7 and its not a bad cooler.

The Wraith cooler comes with thermal paste, but nothing wrong with having extra thermal compound, incase you need to reinstall your cooler.

The LG 32" monitor does not have built in speakers. So for audio, you may want to add external desktop speakers. Or look at monitors that have built in speakers like the Asus Tuf Gaming 32" sku# 171736 or Acer Kg27 27" sku# 711994.

Good luck on your build. Let us know if this helps.

• Thank you for the Help. I really appreciate it. I have listened to you words and made the few changes. I did step down the RAM to 32bg. removed the 2 2tb hdd's for 1 4tb hdd. Now needing to find a Ryzen 7 wraith cooler, along with finding my Video Card. I also was planning to use mostly my headphones and external speakers, which is why I thought of using the LG 32" monitor. Personal preference, yes. Foolish, maybe.

I thank you evermore for assisting me in making my decision clearer. I do plan over today to stop by one of the stores and make most of my purchases. Have a wonderful weekend

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

You're welcome, please let us know if you have any other questions!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99