One From Each Department: What Do You Pick?

Options

You walk into Micro Center and are told you can pick one product from each department, no questions asked. You get to go through:

DIY (3D Printers, Raspberry Pi)

BYO (Graphics Cards, Processors)

Apple

Computers

TV/Small Electronics

and

Center of Store (Everything Else)

What are you picking up?

Comments

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Options

In DIY, I would like a 3D printer but haven't bought once since the kids would just use up all the filament to print out little figurine toys that would gather dust after the initial fun factor wore out. So if it was a contest winner kind of thing, that's what I'd get.

In the BYO section if there was actually a good video card in stock, I'd grab it before whoever was in charge of the giveaway changed their mind!

For the rest of the store, I don't really need anything right now so I would have called a friend and asked what he wanted and get that.

• 3D printer

Aorus 3090 Waterforce

2021 Macbook Pro

WFH system for the wife

The biggest 4k Tv you have

New 7.1 computer audio system

• xanderalex
    Options

3D PRINTER

EVGA FTW3 3090

IPHONE 12 PRO MAX

GAMING PC FOR LIL BROTHER

OLED 4K TV FOR DAD

SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS FOR MY ROOM

• SaintStryfe
    Options

I'd love a full Raspberry Pi 4 setup, a GTX 3090, a Mac mini M1 (the bigger one), a S535 TCL 4K OLED TV, and some nice gaming peripherals for my rig, maybe a nice Windowmaker keyboard.

• Dkicks25
    Options
    3D printer to print some custom keycaps
    A 3090 for photo and video editing and some gaming
    Iphone 12 pro max 
    A gaming streaming pc for my little brother
    The 65in 4k tv for the family living room
    And a new home gaming router
  • Makery
    Options

I would pick up the CREALITY ENDER 5 PLUS printer with Touch Screen and glass bed. A great first choice for 3D printing.

Next would be the AMD Ryzen 7 5800x for a nice upgrade from my existing Ryzen 7 3700x.

For Apple it would have to be the Apple iPad Pro 11 128gb wifi only. Just the right size and storage for daily use.

In computers a new monitor is called for so the Acer Predator XB323U Gxbmiiphzx 32" WQHD 270Hz is calling to me.

TV/Small electonics? My cart would be happy with the Samsung QN55LS03TAFXZA 55" Class Frame 4k Smart QLED Tv.

Under Center of the Store it is simple. I would need the NETGEAR Orbi RBK852 AX6000 Whole home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 router so I could connect everything together with the internet.

• Mikeb213
    Options
    DIY (3D Printers, Raspberry Pi)
    I have always wanted a 3d printer.  My wife likes to bake and I could make her any molds she could ever think of with one.  I also love Star Trek and would print ships and props to start a collection.

BYO (Graphics Cards, Processors)
    I would do like a 3060 for my son I drive semi trucks for a living if I can up grade his system we can play while I am over the road.

Apple
    I would get there latest ipad to control my sirrus radio and do training in my truck.

Computers
    I would get myself a new laptop so I could give my old one to my other son so we could all play together.  I want to upgrade though to a 17 inch screen like this bad boy!

Lenovo Legion 5 17IMH05H 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Black; Intel Core i7-10750H Processor 2.6GHz; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-2933 RAM; 1TB Solid State Drive

TV/Small Electronics
    I need a TV for my truck so I would like for 28 to 32 inch screen with smart capabilities.

and

Center of Store (Everything Else)
    I need a new laptop bag.  I want to find a Swiss army, or targus bag to carry my laptop in.

I guess I am kinda simple with what all is out there to get. 
  • Talset
    Talset
    First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Options

From DIY, I'd pick up one of those $999 DIY arcade cabinets for myself.

From BYO I'd say a 3090 if they were ever in stock, but if not, a large capacity NVMe SSD. It would be my first choice if it wasn't $500+ more than the RX 6900 XT I have.

From Apple I'd get a 2021 Macbook Pro for my mom.

From computers I'd get a gaming computer to give to one of my friends who isn't nearly as lucky as I am. I already have a top tier gaming PC and multiple LAN party PC with RX 580's.

From TV, I'd get a decent 4k TV for my brother that can fit in his room, something between 30 and 40 inches. I already have two very nice TVs.

From everything else, I'd get a security camera system (if you even carry them) for my dad. He's very into that stuff, which I know PROBABLY makes him sound paranoid, but he just has fun setting that stuff up and fooling around with it.

• JoeByo
    JoeByo
    First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Options

3090 gpu

A good printer.

Oh yeah. And a new PC and monitor for good old mom.

• YKhutt
    Options

DIY (3D Printers, Raspberry Pi): Flashforge Creator Pro 2 Dual Extrusion 3D Printer

BYO (Graphics Cards, Processors): Any RTX 30 series card

Apple: Any Mac laptop to give to my niece

Computers: A decent gaming laptop to work from while on the go

TV/Small Electronics: a 4K TV

Center of Store (Everything Else): A small scale, portable projector would be nice

• JonM
    Options

BYO - Ryzen 5900x

DIY - Creality Ender-6

Consumer Electronics - Shure SM7B

Printers - A second tray from my Brother HL

Desktops - PowerSpec with a 3090

Laptops - Microsoft Surface Pro

Monitors - Acer XB323U GP

General Supplies - Asus Rapture GT-AX11000

HDTV's - LG OLED77CXPUA

Apple - Macbook Pro

• SpinalFailed
    Options
    DIY - 3d printer for sure. Does it have a price limit on what I can get? That will determine which model comes home with me!

BYO - Nvidia RTX 3080 or a 6800xt is acceptable as well

Apple - iPhone to replace my daughter's broken phone

and

Center of store - ummm I would probably have to stroll the aisle to figure out what's jumping out at me!
  • Christian_Agama
    Options

3D PRINTER

Any 3070 Available And A x570 MotherBoard for my friend

New 2021 iPad Pro for my dad he's had the same iPad for 6 years

Insane Overkill PC

Big 4K TV For The Living Room

Audio Technica AT2020 More Ram

• STLBob
    Options

If money were no object ..

Creality Ender-6 3d Printer