power supply

Options

i am getting a ryzen 7 5800x rtx 3060 i was wonder witch of these power supply i can run i have the first one at the moment and would like to keep but wanna make sure its ok

700W Thermaltake 80 Plus 

EVGA BQ 750W 80Plus Bronze Semi Mod

750 Watt GAMDIAS Kratos M1 (RGB Lights)

Comments

• EMi_Comps
    Options

All will work, you just need to stay above 650w. Your estimated power usages for that Graphic Card (3060), Processor (5800X)and Motherboard (B550M) will be around 389W at idle and 500 to 575w at Peak output without overclocking. You want to retain 10% to 15% overhead in the power supply that is unused, to help better survive power flux in your home, or office. Yes that even includes those that use UPS systems.

• TS_EmileC
    Options

@bnalen I agree with EMi_Comps. Having that overhead puts you in a position to make upgrades and any power fluctuations within your home. A 750 would be enough in my opinion.

• BubbleMax
    Options

Definitely consider future proofing your PC builds power supply @bnalen can thank all us in this thread later when you don't have to pay another 100 to 300 dollars more for a replacement PSU on top of what ever fancy upgrade you may want to do in the future.

Also I hope you have planned accordingly for that 5800x CPU they run hot... >.>

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99