RTX 3070 Ti & RTX 3080 Ti Discussion and FAQ

2»

Comments

• Hello,

My brother and I plan to go to our local location today to wait for release tomorrow. Now, the One Per Household, I'm assuming, applies to anyone who lives at the same address. Is there anyway that he and I can both get our 3070ti even if we live together?
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs

Yes, we will have them available at all Micro Center stores on launch day.

• Ian
    Ian admin

Hello. We are opening at our normal store hours - 10am for launch day.

• Ian
    Ian admin

Hello, one per household  is verified by address & name at the store directly. This would be up to store management at your local store if they make an exception to this.

• TheFamousChrisA
    edited June 2021

I am trying to decide if I want to leave in the next few hours to go to the Westmont or Chicago, Illinois stores in order to wait the night before to get a card. I don't know how many people will be waiting in the afternoon here because of how hot it is outside (I spoke to someone at the Westmont store who redirected me to this website who said he spoke to another MC store that had people already lining up at 1pm TODAY), but at night I could see people starting to show up and wait in line. The problem is 2 1/2 hour drive just to see how many people are already waiting is kind of a nightmare. I guess I'll figure it out at the last minute whether I want to go or try the EVGA elite membership queue system in the morning (friend said he did this for the 3080 Ti and got an email for two of their products that same day by signing up early enough, so that might be a reasonable alternative).

If there's anyone in the WI or Illinois area wanting to wait with me at a MC location add me on Discord Hrethgir#7798, it's easier to go with someone else rather than alone.

• Anybody have a general idea on when to arrive to the store in order to secure a 3070 ti?

• I've heard something about a raffle online queue is this true?
  • This has got to be the most ridiculous money grabbing way to handle these sales. Not to mention totally contradictory to the social distancing stance of the previous year. And it is completely beyond me how anyone can consider this in any notion to be an" increase in fairness", or a" promotion of safe shopping" ---------------" We’re using vouchers to increase fairness and promote a safe shopping experience to our customers while shopping for products with limited product/availability."---------------. The safest and most fair way would have been to allow a week long online and instore registry and the then use a random number generator to draw a lottery. No risk of violence, robbery, or accidental injuries. No super stressed out hurry up/no wait for 12 hours. I mean I am assuming each store would be receiving no more than 100 cards. The whole deal sucks. It's not going to be any better anytime soon. Remember Atari burying 700,000 , Atari 2600's and game cartridge's in the desert, it was thought at the time that it was to create a shortage drive the price back up . More likely was for tax loss purposes. The claims that the up cost is do to corvid shortages is 40% bullshit. Some of it is and that shortage has been caught up by this point, as much as they want it to be anyway. Consider that most of the pacific and Asian countries are big players in that arena, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, and of course China. And most of the labor is automated with 40-60% of the labor being human and at the back end of production. As for the cards, you have the recent crypto currency expansion eating up the High middle end cards, every greedy company that touches them has increased their profit margins substantially, I dont mean covering their increased cost, that is always passed along, most every hand that has touched the products has taken their increased cost, and doubled that and passed it along. And don't forget Trump. Add 25% to the cost of each card that enters USA from China, and surprise, CHINA DOESN'T PAY ANY OF THAT, the receiver does, dont believe me, just look at your Ebay distributers, each has a customs fees disclaimer.

OK, rant over, I hope all of you that goes the distance gets a great reward with an awesome new card. I'm mad at Micro Center right now, but you know if they could get every one of us a new card and even at a discount, they for sure would. I'm sure of it. I have never had a bad experience with even one of their employees. Every one I've ever dealt with has been just genuinely awesome and wanting to " Go a head, and MAKE MY DAY". lol Be careful out their guys and gals.

• MJG26
    MJG26
    First Comment
    edited June 2021
    Next time, hand out numbers, have an employee stay over to hand them out and pay them extra to do so. Manager would be best. 1 through whatever. Hell, use those Deli tickets. Store opens, call in 15 people at a time, go in order. Someone with a ticket doesn't show to get their voucher? Skip em. Their loss. Prevents people trying to sneak through or skip, and keeps things a little more orderly.

Group of people showed up before us, there's like twice as many people within that group now. They're all talking about reselling the cards, so that's cool
  • TheFamousChrisA
    edited June 2021

Titan363, the best part is that I tried calling the Westmont, Illinois store and the guy really sounded like he didn't want to talk to me at all. I asked if they were doing Vouchers the night before so people didn't have to wait out in the heat overnight for 15 hours and he just directed me to this website and was like "I don't know what we're doing, maybe." I was very polite but in my head thinking "great, so I could drive 2 1/2 hours because there's no MC in Wisconsin (thanks MC for having two stores within 30 mins of each other in Chicago but not a single one near Madison or Milwaukee) show up and there could be a line of 50 people already or there could be nobody because guy won't give me any information, just wants to get me off the phone, and won't tell me if it's worth it to try by making it easier with vouchers or chalk outlines or something. I'm old I have to pee every few hours now", so yeah I ended up not going simply based on that phone call and don't know if I'll ever end up going to Micro Center just with how far away it is.

People always tell me how great this store chain is but every interaction I have as someone not living near one just feels like a huge pain and not worth the hassle. I am 100% sure I will never get a graphics card from MC because they are too far away and people who live 20 minutes away can get there in line in the morning so much easier. I'm sure their employees are great kind people, but had I gone last night I would've needed to leave by at least 3-4pm in the afternoon since it's over a 2 hour drive away.. and I would still be waiting there right now because it's only 6:21am and they open at 10am. The guy on the phone telling me people had been lining up at 1pm at other MC stores he spoke to plus the 92+ degree heat outside discouraged me from sitting overnight in front of their store for 15+ hours for a guaranteed non-scalped gpu. I hope whoever did it for one is able to get one at least.

Ok, rant is also over.

"Next time, hand out numbers, have an employee stay over to hand them out and pay them extra to do so. Manager would be best. 1 through whatever. Hell, use those Deli tickets. Store opens, call in 15 people at a time, go in order. Someone with a ticket doesn't show to get their voucher? Skip em. Their loss. Prevents people trying to sneak through or skip, and keeps things a little more orderly.

Group of people showed up before us, there's like twice as many people within that group now. They're all talking about reselling the cards, so that's cool"

Holy sh**, I would be absolutely furious at these money grubbers and MC if that happened after waiting all night in the humid conditions here in WI/Illinois. That is the nicest thing I will say right now when it comes to that, scalpers can absolutely burn. Not sure I would let that sh** fly if they were skipping in line. People will get pissy if it's a line for something smaller/different, let alone gpu's you can't get anywhere. Tell anyone who wasn't there with the group first to F off and go to the back, don't let them screw you over.

It's frustrating because I have heard from friends that some MC's do overnight vouchers if you show up to the store before they close the night before, then you can show up the next morning and be good instead of waiting outside all damn night like an idiot, but seems this is dependent on each store and from what I've read here some stores are very disorganized and have no system whatosever, it's just a free for all.

Say what you will about Gamestop I do miss their midnight releases, having some employees there overnight/late at night to release (met some nice people for the WoW Cataclysm launch back in the day) was fun, and then you weren't waiting until 10am to get something new.

Edit: Someone posted a picture they had at a micro center store's front door.. QR codes for people to scan on their phone for vouchers between 9-9:30am. Not sure which store this was but it's completely random, so anyone there between that time can scan the QR code and it doesn't matter if you've been waiting all night, it's a lottery system. People at home with their phones can scan the QR code on their phone and not even need to be there! Complete and utter BS system. Wish stores near me would just say what system they are going to use instead of praying it's not this BS. (Turns out it was in Denver)

If I had been waiting since 7pm the previous night for the store to open 10am the next day, and then they did a random RNG voucher system for people who showed up the next morning, I would lose my mind. No clue what systems they use in the Illinois area.

• Buildo_Fraggins
    edited June 2021

Tustin patron here from the 3070 ti launch raffle and I’m here to report that me and everybody I asked who had Verizon as their cell provider never received a single text message. Not a confirmation text or a final text message saying all graphics cards have been claimed. Could my phone number have been picked and I never knew? Maybe and that’s the worst part about the possibility that I waited for 3 hours when there was zero actual chance. I will update this post if I receive the message but all cards have sold out for the day about 30 minutes ago and no message.

@MicroCenter please address this before the next raffle.

P.S. This was the first time I tried getting a graphics card since the 3000 series launched.

• CindyH
    CindyH ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

I gave up on Microcenter as I have to work during the day and can't be standing out in front of the store all night. I ended up doing the shuffle for six days before I could get a 3070. The downside is it cost me $799 which is way overpriced.

• Wait.. Did you give up, or did you get a card? $800 means you got one of the more expensive 3070s, and given the current GPU climate, that's still a fairly decent price.

• CindyH
    CindyH ✭✭
    edited June 2021

No. I gave up on Microcenter before I got the 3070. Three days later they had the exact same card for $729. I was kind of mad about that but was glad I was able to even get a card.

• CindyH
    CindyH ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Why are my replies being deleted?

• DreadPirateRoberts
    edited June 2021

Your post doesn't make sense to me, but congrats on getting a card!

• I was just looking at the graphics cards online just to look at the prices and I was wondering why the prices are very much above the MSRP. For example, on other retailers, I can buy a ASUS TUF RTX 3070ti for $599 but at Micro Center, the price is $949. Any explanation for why? I thought that Micro Center sold cards at MSRP. Thanks!

• @JwPibunny just chiming in. The MSRP cost depends on the card. A regular RTX 3070 TI will go for $599, but a RTX 3070 TI Gaming X Trio Triple Fan 8GB card's MSRP will go for $959. It depends on which version of the 3070 TI that is being sold.

• @TSTDavey, thank you. But, the ASUS TUF RTX 3070ti that I was looking at costs $599 but on Micro Center’s website is listed as $949. I also noticed other large price raises above the price of that card specifically of other RTX 3000 series cards. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99