ASRock B550M Pro4 with Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200?

Options
Samuel_P
Samuel_P
First Comment
edited June 2021 in Help Choosing Parts

Hello,

I'm picking parts for a computer, and I wasn't sure if this motherboard/memory combination would work at full speed (not O.C.). The QVL on ASRock's website lists a kit that is the same, but it is a 32gb stick instead of two 8gb sticks. I just want to be sure before I buy. Also, how many extra fans do I need to buy to keep it cool? (The H510 case comes with 2 fans)

Here is the link to the build: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder-amd.aspx?load=4ca5e011-7816-4770-b1ec-a6bb73101cf3

If you see any other problems with it, let me know. Thanks! :)

Best Answers

• TSPhillipT
    TSPhillipT admin
    5 Likes First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Samuel_P

QVL list is a list of RAM that the lab of the manufacturer had access to, so it doesn't need to be on that list for that RAM to work, and I would be surprised if it didn't. You should be good on RAM.

Build wise, everything looks good! No major changes I would make for the build, with my only issue being an aesthetics one. mATX motherboard will look sorta smallish on the PC, but it's only a visual issue haha.

• TSTDavey
    TSTDavey admin
    First Anniversary Micro Center Staff First Comment 5 Likes
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Samuel_P just chiming in. The B550 is a good board and you can get the bundle with it. Just make sure you choose a AM4 cpu. If you are looking at more fans, it depends on your computer usage and how you need your pc to perform. If you are doing regular gaming, fornite, COD, etc., you're fine with 2 FANS. If you are planning to do video rendering, etc., than you may want to look at more fans and the cooling fan for you CPU.

• TSPhillipT
    TSPhillipT admin
    5 Likes First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Samuel_P

We don't have knowledge for when we will restock graphics cards. They do however sell out almost immediately and we do recommend coming to the store as much as possible for the best chance of getting a card. You can definitely try coming to the store and speaking to sales consultants as they may know if a shipment is coming however they usually do not know what is on that shipment specifically. It is entirely possible a shipment of items come in but none of them are Graphics Cards but just other stock.

Answers

• Samuel_P
    Options

Thanks! I could replace the motherboard with a normal ATX board: https://www.microcenter.com/product/625300/asrock-b550-pro4-amd-am4-atx-motherboard

Do you think that is worth the extra money? I also can't get the motherboard and processor bundle with that one. . .

Also, do you think I will need more than 2 fans (1 intake, 1 exhaust)?

• Samuel_P
    Options

Thanks! One more thing (kind of unrelated), but what is the best change of me getting that 3060? I'm already doing the newegg shuffle (hasn't gone very well :/ ), and I live 40 minutes away from the Tustin Microcenter store, so I can't go there everyday. I was thinking of just going there once and asking when they expect a shipment, will that work? I've already read through all the voucher stuff and the limited availability products articles. And there's no way I'm paying scalper prices; I'm already slightly overbudget due to tariffs.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99