Help Choosing Parts

Options

Comments

• bozzo
    Options

Hello good morning/afternoon, I've been trying to find a PC for my cousin as he's really interested in gaming, my budget is 1,000 he plays, Minecraft, Roblox, rainbow six siege, and he said I he gets a better computer he might play cod and he said he wants to get good frames in all those games. These are the things I've gone with and I want you to give me comments on what I should do:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H

RAM: 2 x 8GB

Case: MSI - MAG Forge 100R Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black

Power Supply: Evga 550

Video Card: Gtx 770 windforce

SSD: Crucial - MX500 500GB SSD 3D TLC NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

Preferables: (Not sure which keyboard, but he said he likes black switches), Glorious Model O, and ASUS 24" 1080PASUS 24" 1080P x1

Please give me advice, because I want to give this to him at Christmas! Thanks

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. Do you already have these parts by chance?

The reason I ask is because the GTX 770's have been discontinued production-wise for quite some time (at least 5 or so years) and NVIDIA is no longer making driver updates for them as of this month, so I would not recommend that card. More here: https://www.pcgamer.com/its-official-nvidia-will-end-geforce-gtx-600700-series-support-in-october/

Some games will require you to be on the latest version of drivers to launch their games, so that isn't a good idea and I would suggest looking for a new model of card.

• Yingdong
    Options

5600x ------- $270 at micro center

crucial ballistix -------- $70 amazon

asus b450-gaming plus II -----------$85 amazon

any case ----------- ~$50

Seasonic core GM-500 500W 80+ gold --------- $30 after rebate newegg

PowerColor RX 6600 FIGHTER ------------ $330 at micro center

970 evo plus 2tb ---------- $237 amazon

-----------------------------------------------------

total: $1072 before tax.

This build can easily secure 300+ fps in rainbow 6 siege, and is capable of 1080p extreme gaming (include triple a titles) for next 3-5 years

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99