Latest iPad WD surveillance camera update defective

Options

my iPad WD surveillance camera app was updated 10 days ago and has never worked. It will not open after scanned in from the App Store. I can still access cameras from my computer and iPhone but the iPad app is definitely corrupt. Is there a fix for this and what is it. If you don’t know then direct me to someone who does know. It seems that WD is just ignoring the issue.

Best Answers

• jefflane
    jefflane ✭✭
    First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

@LandShark The app is the same 1.2.1 and my iPhone has been updated to 15.1 and the other iPhone has the same app but is running 14.8 iOS

Yesterday, I tried a clean install on a clean freshly reset iPad 15.1, and the same issue occurred. I even tried using my iPhone's hotspot to give the iPad the same internet connection via wireless. Still a no-go. When was it that the WD ReadyView app did their last update to 1.2.1?

• JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello all,

It looks like this update was to resolve another issue regarding zooming in while watching playback.

Seems they are still working on the specific issue we are experiencing here. Hopefully, they will push an update sooner than later, but we haven't been given any info just yet.

Thanks

Answers

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. I would try a uninstall/reinstall of the app if you have not already. You also may want to verify your iPad is on the latest iOS available as well. This app is maintained by Western Digital as far as I am aware so any updates for it would come from them directly.

• NIKKO49
    Options

Ian!!! You need to do a better job. Where is the fix for this defective App you have installed in my iPad a well as many other customers. Your App is DEFECTIVE !!!!!!

NIKKO49

• Ian
    Options

Greetings. We are able to look into this with you and get your issues looked into. What exactly is the app doing? Can you upload screenshots of the problems you are having to this post so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing?

• NIKKO49
    Options

Ian,

no screenshot is necessary. This is simply a case of the app not compatible with the Apple iPad. I contacted Micro Center and they said it’s not their problem it’s your problem or the people that put out the app for WD. Possibly a third-party. Either way I can access my cameras due to the app that was installed not working with my iPad. all I need to know is that you’re working on getting an updated version to resolve the issue with the iPad. this is not an isolated issue there are other customers if you look through the comments that are left. The problem started when the app came out three weeks ago and was installed in the iPads. Now when I scan in the app it does not open and then it goes to a white screen. Nothing else happens.

NIKKO49

• JS_MC
    Options

@NIKKO49

Screenshots would be most helpful for us to better understand and share the issue that you are having with your device.

We here on the community are not directly responsible for the WD ReadyView app, however, we can work to resolve the issue with you, or pass along your feedback and issues to the proper teams.

I understand that you're seeing a white screen when you try to open the app, but could you share a screenshot of this error with us?

Thanks!

• NIKKO49
    Options

Do you really want a screenshot of a white screen? I don’t see how that is helpful. If you really think you need it I can send you a screenshot of a white screen.

NIKKO49

• NIKKO49
    Options

I spoke to one of your text and it seems the update was installed and then APPLE updated their iPads and the two are not compatible. When a new WD app is put out they think it should resolve the issue but nobody knows when that will be.

NIKKO49

• JS_MC
    Options

@NIKKO49

If you do not wish to share screenshots of the mentioned issue, one step that I would recommend that you may not have completed is to force the ReadyView app to close completely before restarting. To quit the ReadyView application, follow the steps in the following article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After the app has been closed, restart your iPad again as outlined in the next article.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once your iPad boots back on, open the ReadyView app as you normally would and test it to make sure it is working as expected.

Let us know if this works or if you have already tried this.

Thanks!

• NIKKO49
    Options

I tried this and it did not work any differently. I think this app is not compatible with the Apple most current update. I’ll try to attach a photo.

• NIKKO49
    Options

Now that you know what the problem is and you have a screenshot, have you or anyone else from WD contacted the app developer for your WD ReadyView app to inform them of the problem and find out what their fix will be and when???

NIKKO49

• JS_MC
    Options

@NIKKO49

Could you please let us know which version of the app you have installed and which version of iOS you're currently running on your iPad?

I have reached out and escalated this, but any additional errors or info about this that you can share is always helpful.

The screenshot you've provided shows a loading screen. Is this the last visible screen before the app goes to a white screen? Or does the app freeze like shown above?

Thanks

• NIKKO49
    Options

The WD App that was Auto installed is version 1.2.1 The iPad is running version 15.1 The screen is NOT frozen. It is just a screen shot of what I see after scanning the bar code to install. The beach ball is spinning. The next time I try to open the app all I get is a white screen.

NIKKO49

• jefflane
    Options

Just to chime in, I have the exact same issue as NIKKO49. Was running the app on two iPads and two iPhones. About 2 weeks ago, both iPads when connecting get stuck at the same screen NIKKO49 posted. Both iPads are running 15.1 and the ReadyView app is 1.2.1

Strange thing is that the app still works on our iPhones, one running 15.1 and the other 14.8.1 I believe. Same version of app as well 1.2.1

I hope someone fixes this.... maybe WD could roll back the last update until they figure it out?

• JS_MC
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @jefflane! Interesting that it is only disabling your iPad and not iPhone.

What version of the app are you using on your iPhones and what version of iOS?

• NIKKO49
    Options

Actually, my iPhone is not functioning 100% either. The iPhone is also running 1.2.1 and now I cannot control the motion function for my cameras. This also started 2 to 3 weeks ago when the update came through. I think all the other functions are working on the iPhone. The iPad is the bigger issue at the moment because it has nothing. This is clearly a problem with the app. How are you having any success with your app provider to correct the problem. It seems that this is the big issue at the moment. And update to correct all these problems is probably what needs to be done by the provider of the app.

NIKKO49

• JS_MC
    Options

Good to know! I'll pass this info along as well.

I'm not sure when exactly the update was published, but it appears to be distributed in late October by what I can find.

Hopefully, they will publish or roll back this update soon, I've seen that others appear to be having similar issues elsewhere as well.

• NIKKO49
    Options

It appears they have installed another update, this one is 1.2.2. unfortunately I don’t see any change in the app. It still does not work on my iPad or my iPhone. you may want to pass that along to the tech in charge of developing the app.

NIKKO49

• jefflane
    Options

I have tried the new update 1.2.2 as well on my iPad. Still the same issue it just spins and never connects. After that I tried updating iPad again (to 15.2) ... same issue. Then as a final attempt, I placed the iPad onto my cellular hotspot to verify it wasn't a firewall issue... same problem. Whew this is a tough one!

I'll keep my eyes on this forum for any updated from WD - thanks

Jeff

• Guido22
    Options

Same problem here! Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous time with no success. iOs 15.2.1 Update 1.2.2. Why no help?

• NIKKO49
    Options

I think we’re pretty much screwed! It appears they’re not even working on a fix for this problem. What good is a home security system if you can’t access it remotely. WD readyview did not develop the app but they have their name on it and are responsible for its functionality. They seem to not agree with that. They have passed on the problem to someone else. Everything worked fine for almost a year and then they sent the updates to our devices and screwed it all up. If this thing is not fixed soon I’ll be heading to the Better Business Bureau to find out alternatives. good luck everybody.

• Pevo
    Options

Just to add one more user to the list, I'm having the same problem. Started back in November when the new app was installed. I have restarted the app more times than I can count. I have also uninstalled the app multiple times with no change. I reset the NVR and still no connection. I even tried to go back to the default password, the system won't let you change to the default, so I tried to re-setup the system and it didn't work. As a last ditch effort, I did a complete reset of the iPad and no change. The app and iPad are running the latest firmware. Obviously there is a problem with the app, whoever is responsible needs to do an update.

• Pevo
    Pevo
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2023
    Options

As if it isn't obvious, the app is still bricked for the iPad. I have tried multiple more times since my last post to reset the app, my iPad, and the NVR to no avail. Strangely, I upgraded my iPhone 7 to a 13 about two months ago and the app has worked fine. And it still works on the 7. With the release of iOS 16 a few months back I hoped for an update, but no such luck. This app on the iPad is officially dead and the Developer has said "screw you" to all the iPad users ...

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99