A new PowerSpec B734.

Just bought a PowerSpec B734. I want to set the PC to start up at a certain time each day. And also to restart in the event of a power interruption.

I assume I can do this in the UEFI. How do I get into the UEFI? What keys do I press?

And when I am in, will I find a setting that allows me to do what I want? I need to access the B734 remotely using TeamViewer periodically.

Thanks.

Best Answers

• cgs
    cgs
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

I can't remember how to get into the BIOS on the G212. On boot, it says "CTRL+I" for the "Configuraiton Utility" but that does not show any Power options, just "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Options."

I know I once successfully got into the BIOS because I remember setting the G212 to restart on any power outage, which it does; I just can't remember the key combination to get me there and I have tried some of the obvious: Delete, F2, F8.... nothing works.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Answer ✓

@cgs

Should be F2 on Intel.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Answer ✓

@cgs

You're correct, as configured out of the factory if you enable this feature it doesn't work. This is easily correctable however. The G212 gave us a really good clue as to what's going on. The Wake on RTC Alarm feature wakes from S5. Problem is modern PC's from Windows 8 onward have a feature called Fast Startup or Hybrid Shutdown. When you shutdown the PC it goes into an S4 state, it never goes into S5, therefore cannot wake from S5.

Resolution:

Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power Options - Change what the power buttons do (Left frame) - Change Settings that are currently unavailable - Uncheck "Turn on Fast Startup(recommended)" - Save Changes - Reboot.

You have an NVME drive, this isn't going to effect your startup times by much at all and the system should wake up properly.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99