Need Help With Parts List

Was looking for some help on choosing parts, I already have a list. My budget is below 2k, but you can go higher by a bit.

CPU - Intel - Core i7 - 12700k Alder Lake 3.6GHz Twelve Core - 349.99

Motherboard - Gigabyte - Z690 UD DDR4 Intel LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard - 219.99

RAM - Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 - 3200 - 139.99

Case - Lian Li - O11 Air Mini - 149.99

PSU - NZXT - C750 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold - 119.99

GPU - Asus - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF Gaming Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB - 699.99

M.2 SSD - Samsung - 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe - 114.99

HHD - Seagate - BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III - 47.99

Cooling - Nzxt - Kraken X63 RGB AIO Water Cooling Kit - 189.99

TOTAL - 1997.91 - USD

I would be using this for intensive games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Hitman 3. I also use it for Unity game design and 3D mapping.

Comments

• This build looks great!

I would caution to check that the Kraken X63 AIO comes with the LGA 1700 socket adapter. If it doesn't explicitly state on the box that it comes with it, Micro Center does also carry them separately (SKU: 360909). Also might be worth the upgrade to the faster PCIe Gen 4x4 m.2 NVMe. For Samsung that would be the 1Tb 980 Pro (SKU: 171363). This drive upgrade will double the speeds of the reading and writing process and make load times even shorter. Other than these two small things the build should be able to handle great gaming at 1440p as well as game development!

Thank You so much for sharing!

-Chris K

• Thanks!

I have already looked into the cooling, and it does come with both an Intel and AMD socket adapter. The only reason I didn't upgrade to the 980 Pro was because I didn't think that it would be worth the extra cost.

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer

Look at the diagrams of that case and think about that 280 radiator: O11 AIR MINI - LIAN LI is a Leading Provider of PC Cases | Computer Cases (lian-li.com)

A 280 fits in the front, which is "ok" but in the top is better. A 280 will fit in the top but it is way shorter than the 360 space, so it might look a little unbalanced as there will be large gaps on the front and back. You might consider getting a 360 AIO instead which would fit perfectly in the top.

• Looks like an awesome build, but yes double check parts list to make sure everything fits in the case.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99