Need help making sure all my parts are compatible and will fit in my case

Options

This is my first time building a computer. The CPU cooler is giving me a lot of headaches because I've seen it used in other similar builds as mine, but the cooler specs say it is not compatible with LGA 1700 sockets. From what I have read, it seems like you can buy separate brackets for LGA 1700 sockets, but I'm not sure if that's true, and if they are where could I get them? Additionally, I'm not sure if my case is too small for my PSU, from what I've seen, it isn't, but I still have doubts. Should I just switch back to an 850 W PSU instead of the 100 W?

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12- Core Processor

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAming WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LE iCX3 Video Card

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Corsair RMx (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Best Answer

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The 4000D has a removable hard drive caddy for 3.5" drives that is placed in the area with the PSU. If you want to use any 3.5 drives, then the 1000W PSU is too long and will run into the caddy. But if you remove the caddy then you're all set. Up to you if you want to use any 3.5. The specs you list above would do just fine with an 850W.

Yes, NZXT is making 1700 brackets for their current model AIO coolers. Whether you have to spend extra to order one for that model or it comes with, sorry, I don't know. If you live near a MC, just ask when you're picking up the parts and the reps can help you.

Answers

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99