Locate windows 11 product key?

Options

I had to reset/reinstall windows 11 on my new G903 I bought today, my own fault, but now when I try to activate windows 11 it says no product key found. Where can I find the product key for windows 11 on my powerspec G903?

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@srdaniel

It's flashed into the firmware, the OS should pick it up automatically. When you reinstall the OS, it'll select Pro automatically because of the firmware key. Did you do a reset or install from media?

There's an app you can get on the Microsoft Store called ShowKeyPlus. It'll show you the key, but you shouldn't ever need to enter it.

• srdaniel
    Options

I had to create a bootable USB to get to the recovery options (couldn't get the power off/on/off/on/off/on to work). From that USB I did a reset, remove all, install from cloud.

The ShowKeyPlus shows an installed key, but indicates that it's the default key and requires a Digital License for Activation.

Activation settings shows "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213. When I try to use the product key shown in ShowKeyPlus it says I don't have a valid digital license or product key (0x803fa067).

FYI: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey shows nothing, I looked at the OA3Tool but don't know enough to use it.

• srdaniel
    Options

I just did a reset, remove all, install from this pc, same results.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@srdaniel

I sent you an email requesting more information. Please respond when you have time and we'll sort this out for you.

• Hi Mike. I saw you reply to this comment last year and I'm having the same question with my activation and you look like a great person to ask. I did have to reinstall my OS similarly and believe I did it through the (reset my pc>keep my files), might have been in media tool. But it didn't help with an initial problem so I did a reset through the recover setting in my windows apps and that fixed the system corruption. Still my firmware is not picking up on my product key. How would I go about fixing this I would love to hear back, thank you have a great day!

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    Options

@a_dime_a_devin1

I sent you an email since we're going to ask for some screenshots that will show the product key. Please reply to that with the information when you can and we'll get this sorted out.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99