Need Help Choosing Parts 800-900 build

Options
monacle
monacle
edited July 2023 in Help Choosing Parts

Hi!

First time builder, been looking through 4-5 pc part lists, and have compiled my own based on those, and I need advice on the GPU and cooling and just the overall design of it.  

Planning on using it for engineering hw like CAD/Chrome for college, and games like OW2, PUBG, Doom Eternal, and maybe hitman. In MI, USA. I have an OS, a keyboard and mouse, and a monitor.

Do you guys foresee any issues or anything I should upgrade/downgrade? Should I get a case fan? Is this GPU worth buying at this time/should I get a 6700 and reduce the price somewhere else? I also saw this similar GPU, XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Video Card, is this one better/any different?

Asus powersupply on the list vs be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 550 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply? Are they very different, or should I just go by price?

be quiet CPU cooler on the list vs Deepcool AG400 75.89 CFM CPU Cooler? Are they very different, or should I just go by price?

I'm getting compatibility issues with the motherboard, can I just get the USB adapters, or should I find a new motherboard? Also, does this motherboard come with Bluetooth, or is that installed separately? Sorry, new to this haha Are there motherboards that have Bluetooth that are good?

Thanks sm!!

Comments

• Lambdaben
    Options

Hi @monacle,

First off, your build has incompatible parts.... The AMD Ryzen 5 5600 is an AM4 processor and the motherboard you choose is AM5. These two sockets are not compatible with each other and require 2 different types of ram. I have included two builds, one for each socket that meets your budget.

AM4 - https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=f3f13e45-69ee-4bc1-8c5a-c8de34d5c3a2

AM5 - https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=a073d61f-a987-4266-bc4a-eb85decef57f

I'll try and answer your questions in order

1. As far as upgrading, you can upgrade the processors to the Ryzen 7 or Ryzen 9 versions if you needed more power in your build. As far as downgrading, the only components you could downgrade in my presented builds would be graphics cards. but I would advise against it.
    2. The Lian Li Lancool 205M Mesh comes with three fans natively, you can always add two more, but I think you should be fine funning the system as is.
    3. The 6700 is a better GPU for gaming, the cost of the card would put you over your budget since you would need to upgrade your power supply.
    4. The XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 looks to have the same specs as the 6600 Fighter, just a different brand and aesthetic.
    5. Coolers would preform the same as well, the AM4 processor comes with a cooler so it would not be needed and on the AM5 I suggested a better cooler.
    6. I already addressed the motherboard issue you were having, the AM5 motherboard does not come with bluetooth of WiFi, so you would need to buy a wireless adapter or choose a different motherboard that has it built in.

Hope this helps!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99