G439 lights not working

I purchased a G439 on 01/09. The case fan front lights and the rear fan light stopped working for unknown reasons after the computer went to sleep and it was powered back on. After troubleshooting with support and unable to fix lights, I exchange the computer for another G439 on 01/13. Sales person opened the new one at the store and the CPU and top two lights did not work. Opened the back of the case and the cable for the CPU light and top two fan lights were not connected or plugged in. Sales person connected the cable and all worked. On 01/17 the front two lights and rear light stopped working again. The fans still work fine, just the lights no longer light up or come on. The "M" button on top of the case stopped working as well. Mystic light sees the 3 RGB lights but only affect the CPU and top two lights. Nothing was being updated or plugged in when the lights stopped working, . Any thoughts on why two of the exact same type computer's front and rear lights stop working out of the blue?

Thank you!

Comments

• Also, mystic light does not detect the lights on the fans, just the MB ones.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@tstowe

If you press the "M" button it changes the mode and desyncs the ARGB controller from the board. Press it until it matches what you set in Mystic Lights and you should regain software control.

As for the front lights, they're going through a controller with its own power source. The RGB and fan power cables are independent per fan, it's very strange for two to fail at the same time. On the backside of the chassis there is a controller you can check, see if possibly those cables came off the ARGB controller. Or if there are some bad ports on the ARGB controller itself. You could move the ARGB cable from the front fan to an ARGB header on the board to test as well.

• I have the same issue. Started after I upgraded to Windows 11 and install the MSI Center. None of the case lights work and only the Cooler Master lights work.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023

@jdavis

Set a static color to make it easier, then press the "M" button until the case lights match the AIO. It should work normally through software then. If that doesn't work and the lights remain off, it's likely a back end SDK conflict between the preinstalled Mystic Lights app and MSI Center.

Run my script here: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/comment/25987#Comment_25987

Then run MSI center as Administrator.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99