New Location Suggestion! Raleigh-Durham Area NC (or even Charlotte makes sense too!)

Options
Samanosuke47
edited June 2022 in Off Topic

Hey Microcenter, I've always loved my visits to your stores quite north of me near a buddy that lives in Maryland.

I frequent the SouthPoint mall here in South Durham and I always see this old (and long closed as far as I can tell) HHGreg store and think "wow what a nice Microcenter location that could be."

I just wanted to suggest it in the event no one has pointed it out:

8160 Renaissance Pkwy, Durham, NC 27713

I'm unsure if HHGregg owns it or if it's just a rental building or etc, but man, that would be such a good location I think, near a major shopping hub and the building purpose is similar in nature!

I didn't see any other way to suggest locations, but if nothing else like my subject says, an in general NC location would be great!!

Thank you!

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Thank you for posting on the Micro Center Community! Thank you for providing us a location you think a Micro Center would be great at! I don't really have the pay-grade to make the decision of opening up a location but I can send this to the people that are and see their thoughts and opinions! 

• I second this. I’m moving to Raleigh in 2 years, about to do a new construction. Raleigh is growing rapidly in tech, I mean for Christ sakes, Google Fiber & ting are building out on top of other existing fiber internet providers. Y’all are missing out, please jump on this. If you need a partner or franchisee manager, etc, please let me know. I have an MBA and I’m willing to do whatever paperwork to get the ball rolling
  • Third! Research Triangle needs a Microcenter like yesterday!!!

• SPW
    Options

Fourthed! I know a slew of PC enthusiasts here--to say nothing of there being two huge campuses here, w/heavy sci-tech depts--and our only option is... Best @#$% Buy. Help us MC, help us!!

• T_a_z_z
    Options

Yes! I'm tired of giving my money to online retailers and local shops are far from a "Best". If I could reach a microcenter in a reasonable amount of time, I'd be there in a heart beat and probably walking out the door with a new monitor this week. My wallet would weep at what else I'd be buying over the next few months. Please consider the Triangle for a future store!

• beyondhappy
    Options

Yes, RDU Triangle area definitely needs a Micro Center!!! With so many high tech companies and HQs here, three major tier-1 universities, plus tech and STEM focus colleges and high school programs, it would be a very vibrant Micro Center for sure. Oh, did I mention Epic Games HQ is here? I relocated from Dallas TX several years ago and was spoiled by the availability and accessibility of Micro Center, Fry's Electronics, Altex Electronics there. And Triangle area does not even have one like that. Please please, in addition to the new Indiana location, please make RDU one of the other two new locations.

• Slixzer
    Slixzer ✭✭
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Please let this be a thing. I will literally quit my job and apply asap. I need this in my life!! Come to Raleigh!

PS was in Micro Center in Denver Tech Center(DTC) for like ten minutes and wanted to move in. Back I had a pre build from iBuyPower, now I have an epic build that I just finished all thanks to Micro Center!
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Love to see the interest in Micro Center across the country! Happily sharing the enthusiasm with our corporate teams!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99