HELP!!! Brand new Powerspec G439 Running terribly and all case lights went off and no way to control

Options
murphyje32
edited November 2023 in PowerSpec

After getting home all excited to get my new computer all set up, I powered it up and loved all the colors in the case. As I went through the startup process I installed windows 11 as a free upgrade. After that it all went downhill. As the download finished and the pc restarted it came on with all the lights no longer working in the case and only one fan working on the cooler. After some reading online and trying some troubleshooting i still have no rgb and only one cooler fan running. The RGB is not my main concern. I tried downloading my favorite game to play (DCS) really excited to see it with the great graphics I am supposed to have. After waiting the 12 hours of download time, finally came time to play only to be extremely disappointed due to the fact that my 14 year old laptop was able to run it better. The game was just unplayable. The sound was glitchy and the graphics were horrendous. I have tried factory resetting the PC as I read that windows 11 has some issues and also chance that I may have messed something up in the start up procedure but to no avail. Please anyone help point me in the right direction on how to correct some of these issues. I would like to try to troubleshoot myself instead of just bringing it in for warranty.

PS, DCS (Digital Combat Simulator) requires a minimum of a 1070 graphics card and 8gb ram

Answers

• murphyje32
    Options
    Update... went to do the bios fan switch process and as soon as I switched the fan I started getting an alert that the gpu is overheating and to check to make sure it is connected correctly.. now I am even more concerned that my pc may just be a defective build
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@murphyje32

Possible the update broke your RGB control. For this I would uninstall Mystic Lights that's preinstalled and then download MSI Center here: https://www.msi.com/Landing/MSI-Center

For the performance issues, lets go over that. First we preinstall GeForce Experience. Lets get the latest driver. Second, on this system both GPU's are enabled, make sure your monitor is connected to the 3070 Ti and not the IGP, as it will work that way. If that's all correct, lets check task manager or install a program like HWMonitor and lets see what your GPU temperatures are hitting under load.

You shouldn't have any issues with that system on Windows 11. We did upgrade testing on the insider preview this week and we just uploaded a new 22H2 driver set to Windows Update for this configuration.

• murphyje32
    Options
    Ok ill give that a shot I know I tried to install mystic center but the install kept failing but eventually found that all parts of mystic light have to be deleted for the install to complete but I'll give it another shot.  And I will try and find my gpu tempt and get back to you.  

Thank you for the quick response!!
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Options

@murphyje32

Let us know. If you have trouble uninstalling Mystic Lights, I have script in this thread to fully remove it: https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/comment/26049#Comment_26049

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99