ASUS Prime B450M-A II Ryzen 5 5600X CPU Overheating

Options

Has anyone else purchased this combo, and had crazy CPU overheating issues? Out the box. in bios running 60 - 70c. Tried AIO (Arctic Liquid Freezer II) that keeps our 7700x nice & cool. Switched PSU. I can't even run cinebench without it going over 100c & crashing. About to return the combo. I live far from Microcenter. Thought I'd ask here 1st.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@MasoGames

I would guess the pump isn't running. Do you have the pump on the CPU_FAN header? Go into your BIOS, set that header to run full speed. I think the issue it's it's trying to control it based on thermals and it's just not delivering enough power for the pump to run. Always preferable to run water pumps at 100% RPM. This board doesn't have an AIO header that defaults to full speed.

• MasoGames
    Options

@PowerSpec_MikeW I will try that. The AIO was connected to CPU header. I just never had a 5600x run that hot with the stealth cooler it comes with. It's I think my 3rd this year from microcenter & never had an overheating issue. I didn't want to go AIO with this build. If that works. It will be the 1st time needing an AIO for a 5600X. I Was trying to keep price down.

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options

@MasoGames

They'll run fine, a little warm on the stealth cooler. You shouldn't need an AIO at all, but if the pump isn't running an AIO will heat up very quickly.

• MasoGames
    Options

@PowerSpec_MikeW I just noticed. I did not mention, the stealth cooler was installed when the temp was going over 100c then crashing. And the 60+c in BIOS. Switching to the AIO from another PC & PSU was just troubleshooting. This is the 1st time seeing a CPU in person go to 90c, let alone 100+ to crashing just from running Cinebench. These 2 pics are now. With the stealth cooler. in BIOS 72c with standard fan speed. Switched to full speed fans both CPU & case fans. dropped 2c.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99