Air Cooler issue-My first build

SmurfA
SmurfA
First Comment
edited June 2023 in Air and Liquid Cooling
Hi,

I think I screwed up.  I am trying to install a Peerless Assassin 120se on a Asus Prime Z790-P Wi-Fi motherboard.  I’m trying to install the fans….but…I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

Any help appreciated, not tech savvy…even though I watched videos and tried me best:  Aren’t the fans suppose to be even to the heatsink?

Answers

• If memory serves me right, that fan on the assassin is in about the right position in the first photo seeing as any lower would come in contact with the motherboard heatsink or ram. You did say pictures, but I only see one on your post, so I assume I am missing something? If so, feel free to reply with the other photos!

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@SmurfA

Nothing wrong with having to slide the fan up a bit to avoid a tall RAM or VRM heatsink. Nothing wrong with it contacting the VRM heatsink like that, it's plastic. I would prefer to mount over the RAM and push pull though.

• SmurfA
    SmurfA
    First Comment
    edited May 2023
    Aodhan_Gorman & PowerSpec_MikeW thank you for being kind and replying.  I was sure I had screwed up majorly.

So the second fan should I place in the middle…or should I put the fans near the ram and middle?  My case is the Corsair 4000D Airflow.  I haven’t opened it yet, was trying to get the first couple of components on the Motherboard in.

oops meant one picture.  Thanks for any and all help.  My nerves have just gotten the best of me.
  • I'd put it in the middle facing the same direction as the other one. Generally you want the airflow going either back or up.

You could even stick three fans on it if you really want, but I have two on my system (though my specs are probably different with the TR4 socket) and so far it hasn't melted itself in failure. Point is my cooler (TR-BlackRock 4) is set up like yours is.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99