PC3 Upgrade

Options

Good afternoon everyone. I am looking to upgrade my existing PC 3 to the latest technology.

MY mother board is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 R2 Rev.1. So as you can see it is a bit outdated. I like the case I have so I am interested in upgrading the motherboard, processor and ram.

I have been browsing the bundles but there are so many variances that I get lost in all of them. I am thinking the Ryzen 7700 series.

My case is a micro atx so I am thinking either a Gigabyte B650 or ASUS B650 Prime.

I am not into gaming but I do some cad rendering and also use it for work in general. I also do a lot of research and I find that browsing is not that fast.

Any thoughts?

I really need to go to Microcenter and talk with a tech.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• magarity
    magarity ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment First Answer
    edited March 6 Answer ✓
    Options

A 7000 series on either B650 would be a tremendous upgrade.

None of the bundles are mATX sized, they are all full size ATX.

Notice only some of the 7000 and 8000 CPUs come with a stock cooler. So depending which one, you may need a third party cooler.

Your old system will be using SATA type hard drives or SSD. The new motherboard will take NVME type SSD in the m.2 format. These are blazing fast compared to the SATA ones. You can still reuse the SATA type in a new system, but you'll be happier if you get a new m.2 at least to install the operating system.

Answers

• Ian
    Ian admin
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Greetings,

Do you have a specific budget in mind? You'd essentially be headed towards picking out an entirely new PC based on what you're describing. You can also stop by a store and speak with our BYO team who would be glad to make recommendations for you.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99