Need Help Choosing Parts

Are these the right parts if I’m going to be running cad software and play 500+ fps games with high refresh rates also is this the right operating system for gaming and work? Would I also be able to run Dolby Atmos Sound system and home server?

Comments

• Hi! Looks like you you missing a link here. Would you be able to try and re paste that here?

• lost link but have this:

• ScavDev
    ScavDev ✭✭
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 30

hey so looking at the list I don’t know what games you will be playing. assuming you said 500+ fps I assume games like CSGO, valorant and other competitive games maybe. My issue is I don’t know what resolution you are running it on or how many monitors you are running BUT the gpu should be fine. IF you are trying to play more modern games like COD (not warzone) or like Elden ring and stuff it depends. The GPU has plenty of VRAM but I don’t know intels gpu line up and speeds much. If you are mainly doing cad software you will be fine but if it’s 50/50 with games and they are higher crazy games super modern I would look at a bit more expensive GPU in my opinion. Again if it’s just for competitive games or lightweight games you will be fine for sure but modern games I don’t know. Everything else though looks good PLENTY of Ram for sure!

Edit:Also maybe do like a tiny bit more on the cpu cooler to keep those temps Down wehn doing CAD and games cause that cpu cooler right now is fine but for what the other parts are and what the cpu and stuff you will be doing is maybe get a bit bigger and nicer cpu cooler in my opinion at least.

• If you are using the 7800X3D I would personally go with something more along the lines of a 7900xtx or 4080/4090 for a video card. Also, I noticed that you have a SATA SSD and HDD on top of the 8TB M.2 NVMe. For gaming I highly recommend keeping your games on an M.2 NVMe drive for the best speeds. I would only use a HDD for files such as documents or photos. The board itself supports 3 x M.2 slots if you are looking for more. Honestly, just the one 8TB M.2 should be fine for a while, but some like to keep their operating system on a separate drive from their games so you can get another M.2 for that. The 2 different types of RAM you have selected also are running at 2 separate clock speeds. I would try and stick to one of the options, just 96GB would be plenty for what you need. For an AIO I am personally a fan of the Lian Li Galahad II Trinity SL so you can try that there.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99