Does anyone know a way to connect PCIe 6-pin cables to mini 6-pin cables for a Mac Pro 5,1?

To give some context….I have a mac Pro5,1 and I am hoping to make it have some kind of RGB glowiness inside. I'm hoping that there happen to be PCIe 2.0 mini 6-pin to 6-pin cables that are also RGB…OR if there are adapters that don't have a ton of wiring so that I can make this happen.

OOOORRRRRRR, am I at the point where I will have to take apart some cables/adapters and just connect the cables to the adapters that I want using special tools and knowhow?

Thanks for any assistance with this!

Answers

• Hi! If there is a PCI port available it may be possible. Would you be able to provide us with any photos of the port your plugging into here? Are you using a PCIe hub for RGB?

The cable your looking for DOES exist: https://www.jacobsparts.com/items/PCIEPWR-E

• Hello PaulL!!!

I reread my post and now I can se how I wasn't completely clear on what I was looking for. I do already have it connected and working with the cables provided with the unit from AMD. I was just hoping that something existed that was nicer looking and more fun. I followed the link you provided, and I did see the cable and it is pretty much the cables I have now. And I would be looking for cables with built-in RGB that don't need a controller because I would only be able to control it through Windows. otherwise I might just deal with sleeves for the cables I have; but I just don't want to take them apart to do that.

The top picture is the GPU and the next one is right behind it where the cables connect to the LB and the 2 mini 6-pin ports. So it's not a long run of cables and I would like to think that it should simple to find these cables but it doesn't seem to be a thing that exists!

• Sorry for the previous confusion! I was looking into this for you and unfortunately I was unable to find anything 'RGB' for this here. In this situation, you may want to reach out to the manufacturer of the card to see if they have any recommendations on what may work here as the cable itself is pretty niche.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99