Ambient Overkill - Micro Center Build

System
System admin
5 Likes Photogenic
edited December 2019 in Your Completed Builds

imageAmbient Overkill - Micro Center Build

The system was originally built for benching in overclocking competitions, specifically for CPU and memory overclocking. It has since been used for general web browsing and gaming, with some performance tweaking going on every now and then when I get the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Unfortunately the image is too compressed to show the details, but the processor is clocked at 5.4ghz at 1.4v during Cinebench R15. It scores 1811 in multi-thread and 235 in single thread. This overclock is not stable for 24/7 use, but was fun to bench at.

• But can it run Crysis?

• What's up with all the blue towels? Did you do that just to protect from spills while filling it?

• Yeah, that was a picture of the build during the leak test. You can't see it from the picture, but I had to lay towels behind the system as well to the external radiator. I believe there is over 6 feet of tubing in my build to and from the radiator. I plan on modifying the build a bit once I find a new motherboard that I like. I'll swap the 18 140mm fans out to 8 200mm fans (4 on each side in push/pull) to help reduce the cable clutter behind my radiator and to remove 2 fan controllers from the equation. Should also help lower the overall noise using larger fans at a lower RPM.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99