Some questions/Support about my Desktop Pc.

Hello everyone :) So i want you all to know that i'm here to get info about pc parts for the computer i have in regards to whats compatible or not with it. I have a Alien Aurora R9. I bought it stock with the exception of 2 custom upgrades i improved on it which is the power supply (Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply) and the improved wifi/bluetooth the rest is stock. Stock wise i have an Intel 9th gen i5 - 9400 processor @ 2.90 GHz (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology), Nvidia GeForce GTX® 1650 4GB GDDR5, 8GB HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2666MHz,
Hard drive - 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s, And as for the Motherboard class well i'm not sure if these both are the same or seperate classes of the motherboard (Micro ATX motherboard
Intel® Z370 Express Chipset) but if seperate i have the default ATX version. Which is about it for my set up thus far. I have a few screenshots i will post here and i want y'all to tell me if any of these parts are compatible with my desktop. Also please let me know if you can use other parts that may not have to be specific to its brand or whatever for example if i wanted to use a WD Black or Aoras SSD's instead of hyper x or like using Corsair Vengeance & G.Skill Ripjaws memory instead of the default one I have and ect... Thanks in advanced to those who can provide some feedback. P.S If you all can tell or guess I obviously fell back to noob status lightweight after many years :s:D

Comments

• Excuse that one typo. it could throw some people off. AlienWare Aurora R9. :D

• Welcome to the forums Extinct. As far as storage support goes, your chassis supports any 2.5 inch SSD's, 3.5 inch HDD's and any SATA/PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD's up to 2280. Your choice of hard drives and SSD's are fine, just remember that you only have a single M.2 SSD slot. You can also go with Corsair or G Skill memory, or basically any memory on the market, just be mindful of pushing the speeds too high. Some boards may not support memory that is too fast.

My only real concern with your choice in parts is the graphics card. It's length is roughly 11 inches, which might fit a little snug. You may want to measure the inside of the case to make sure it can accommodate an 11 inch graphics card. If it can't, there are plenty of 10.5 inch cards on the market that will fit just fine. I think it will work, but it's always a good idea to measure beforehand to make sure.

Overall, I think your choice in upgrades are perfect and should help you get the most out of that system. If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99