Did some upgrades what y’all think

Options
BloodLand56
BloodLand56 ✭✭
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited January 2020 in Your Completed Builds
Hello I did some upgrades to my pc what y’all think ? Did I do well ? What else would u update 
motherboard:Arus prime A 320m-k—>  B450 Aorus pro WIFI
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600-> Ryzen 5 3600
GPU(stayed the same) :
 asus gtx 1060 6gb rog strix
PCU:500w bronze ->650w bronze
SSD: 480 GB Adata added  256 gb Inland Extra.
Ram(stayed the same ): 16GB 3200mhz
case-mid tower Corsair 460X-> Lian Li LanCool 2 full tower. 
I also upgraded my monitor from a 75 hrtz to a 144hrtz 

Comments

• TSNickW
    Options
    Hello Bloodland56 - Upgrades look good.  What kind of monitor did you upgrade from/to?  If you're pushing 1440 or higher I would say graphics card upgrade down the line would be great.

The only other change I would suggest  would be more storage.  I say storage because I have almost your identical storage setup ( I have 2 480GB SSDs ) and a steam sale away from having to uninstall something.  I was recently gifted the Inland Premium 2 TB M.2 NVME SSD.  I Just have to carve out some time to install it and migrate the data.
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options
    Welcome to the forum BloodLand56. I agree with Nick on this one, the graphics card would likely be the next upgrade. It's great for 1080p and can push higher refresh rates in less demanding games, but if you plan on pushing AAA titles at 144hz even at 1080p, a GTX 1060 will eventually fall short. I would say that the new RX 5600 XT or RTX 2060 would be ideal from a price:performance perspective. 

Another thing to keep in mind. Your 144hz monitor supports Variable Refresh Rate technology (VRR) which you can activate in the Nvidia Control Panel. Here is a quick guide on how to do that: https://www.microcenter.com/tech_center/article/10968/how-to-enable-nvidia-g-sync-compatible-mode. This will greatly improve your gaming experience as it allows the monitor's refresh rate to change on the fly to match your graphics card's framerate. This results in a buttery smooth, tear-free experience. Enjoy your build!
  • BloodLand56
    Options
    Hello guys! @nick I got a MSI Optix MAG241MVC. 
    @michael sweet thanks for the recommendation I’ll look into this graphics cards, thanks for the tip guys, much appreciated guys! 
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    Options
    You're very welcome @BloodLand56! If you have any questions, just let us know.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99