Help With Budget PC For Virtual Pinball Table

I recently turned a room in my house into a small arcade and I purchased a virtual pinball cabinet. Now I need a PC to run the pinball games on. Unfortunately, I've never built a PC so I'm looking for a little help. The only game, at the present time, that I'll be running on it is Pinball FX3 which isn't that demanding from what I've read and I only need it to run in 1080p. Since this is the only thing I'll be running on the computer, I'm trying to keep the cost at $400 or under. Not sure if this is possible with new parts. Whenever I use the system builder here, the cost comes out to almost $700 which is more than I wanted to spend on a system that will be dedicated to running only one game. If I was going to be doing hardcore gaming, I would splurge for a good system but I'm trying to keep it as low as possible since it will only be played with sporadically. I'm looking at Micro Center because I've purchased a PC from them in the past and have been very happy with it. Any advice on inexpensive parts or builds or what I can get away with to run this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Actually, I just found a Youtube video for a $400 budget gaming PC build with parts from Micro Center so I'm going with that.

• Welcome to the forum Scraggler, my apologies for the late response. I am happy to hear you found a system configuration online that will let you run Pinball FX3. Looking at the system requirements, it doesn't appear to need anything too fancy. If you were still looking for a recommendation, here is what I would suggest: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=b7b8820e-150c-4a44-a7cd-cbfd8084dc92. This gives you a quad core Intel processor that can turbo boost to 4.2ghz, 8GB of DDR4 memory that you can expand in the future, 500GB of very fast PCIe NVMe SSD, and a Radeon RX 570 graphics card that should easily let you max your settings at 1080p 60FPS in FX3.

When you get finished with getting your hardware installed in the pinball cabinet, I'd be interested in seeing it. We have a few pinball cabinets here in our office that were custom made and they look amazing as well.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99