1st time build, just want to ensure compatibility. "Standard" gaming PC.

Options
Have been thinking of buying or building a PC for about 3 months but due to "Social Distancing" am deciding to pull the trigger fairly soon and have decided to build it myself to ensure I know what is in it and the reliability/quality of the internals. From what I've seen this forum, and Micro Center in general, seem to be great resources of information for "noobs".  Just want to make sure everything I have selected will perform well together for a standard gaming PC (if those exist), no streaming planned. Fortnite, Escape from Tarkov, PUBG, mainly just first person shooter games. Don't mind spending a decent mount of money for something that will perform well and not need to be upgraded next week, but at the same time want to balance price with performance. I will attach the build link and the parts individually. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated from you all, hope to be gaming with you soon!

http://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=f16a7542-eebf-473e-9013-c455f34eb394 

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 Matisse 3.6GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler

MB - 
B450 Tomahawk Max AMD AM4 ATX

Ram - 
Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16

Case - 
H510 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower 

Power - Power Spec 
650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Semi-Modular 

GPU - 
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS Overclocked Dual-Fan 6GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0

SSD for OS only - 
BarraCuda 120 250GB 3D TLC NAND SATA 

HDD for program storage - 
BarraCuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA III

Fans (to replace factory fans in case since it did not show RPMs and the case will hold three) - Triple Corsair 
LL120 RGB Hydraulic Bearing 120mm (1500rpm)
Didn't list it but it will be running Windows 10 Home Edition

Minor adjustments would be fine but would like to stick around the $1,000-1,200 mark before accessories. 

Comments

• TheITDad
    Options
    You did really good for building a system for the first time.  Selected a lot of good parts that are good values like the power supply that is semi modular and picking a solid mobo in the Tomohawk max and a really good CPU in the Ryzen 5 3600x.  I only made some slight tweeks that keep you under the 1200 dollar high end but will up your performance slightly.  First thing I did was make your ram the 3600 speed ram because its only like 7 bucks more than the pair you picked out but gets you that 3600 speed which AMD cpu's like.  Next we got you a 2060 GPU for 299 because of the KO that Nvidia started selling once the 5600xt came out.  So 20 bucks more for about 15% more performance maybe only 10% but for 20 bucks well worth it.  Also managed to squeeze an extra 750 gb of storage in there for you to on a M.2 drive.  And most of this was possible because well RGB is expensive and if you don't use it then more performance.  The extra fans you picked are really good fans and maybe can be an upgrade for you down the road when you have the money but for now the fans I included are basically the same ones just not RGB.  Still the mag fans, still corsair, and are actually 2k max rpm, but you get 4 of them for 80$ instead of 3 for 130.  I made sure to include win10 in the build as well.  Now if you need to cut any off this price for whatever reason just take out 1 pack of fans and save yourself 40 bucks there.  And if you need any more savings just drop your m.2 down to a smaller size and you can save extra cash there as well.  And for a solid build guide on how to put everything together, guys on youtube like Bitwit, JayzTwoCentz and of course Linus Tech Tips have great videos that go step by step on how to build.  Have fun and whatever you do don't follow the build guide from "The Verge".

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=36734585-5f73-4008-9b0f-6e1483e83673
  • Daniel_H
    Options
    Thank you very much for the quick response. Have already binged watched a few (too many) build videos from the mentioned channels before putting my list together so that helped out quite a bit. Must have overlooked that KO card as I think I still had the MSI filter on the search from the mobo, but it is definitely going into the build. Thanks again! Hopefully get everything started this weekend.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99