New to PC building, 1'st PC build, budget around $2,000

Hello,

I am a novice computer expert (but graduated from Youtube University) so I am asking for your guidance. I have a flexible budget that can go up to around $5,000 and need everything(including software, keyboard, lighting, etc.) so don't be afraid if the price gets high. I would like the PC to take the high priority on the budget and can always go back for all the peripherals later. I consider myself a gamer that would like to play everything, League of Legends, Apex, Fortnite, The Witcher, GTA, Far Cry, FIFA, Rocket League, COD, etc., without any problems. I would like to make it water cooled but I not sure if that is a great decision for my first build( maintenance/issues that I will not know the answer to), please let me know what you think. I am not sure what color scheme yet but will probably prefer black or white with accents of red or blue. I would like to be playing in 1440p on high settings. I possibly will consider streaming in the future but not for another year or so. My work is primarily Microsoft office based and not too intensive like video or graphic design. 

Thanks for the future guidance!!!

Comments

• Welcome to the club. Like you, I was a novice and just built a gaming PC recently. Check out my thread on what I went with for a comfortable first build, https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2336/first-time-build-mostly-gaming-micro-center-build#latest
    To get comfortable with the process I looked up the manuals for the components I bought ahead of time, mainly the motherboard, case, and cooler, to ensure I knew exactly how it was going to come together. Between watching Bitwit's YouTube video and doing that reading ahead, the build process went without a hitch. Do some of research on AMD vs Intel so you get what you want. Some sites mention that Intel is coming out with a new chip soon, so make sure you are aware of that. As for water cooled...I didn't feel comfortable enough to do that on the first go around. The air coolers or AIO's are a good way to go if you don't have all the answers for a water-cooled system. Once you get your system up and running, you'll feel a lot more comfortable going back in to make upgrades in the future if needed. Good luck and have fun with it. 
  • So I didn't go full on 5k for this build but it includes your dual monitors, a nice keyboard and mouse combo (no mousepad because there are lots of printed options all over the web so go have fun).  I also put 4 extra fans in the build, now they aren't RGB but that's because a two pack of non RGB is 40 bucks, while a single RGB one is 44, and a 3 pack is 130.  So up to you if you want to spring for the unicorn rainbow effects.  But the monitors on this setup are real nice and run at high refresh rate and low latency.  Now I did an AMD build so if you want to go intel just replace the mobo and cpu with comparable intel substitutes.  But here is the build, hope you have fun.

CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Matisse 3.8GHz 12-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Prism Cooler ($399.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) ASUS X570 TUF Gaming Plus (WI-FI) AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($189.99 EACH)
    RAM: (1) G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 CL15 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit F4-3600C15D-16GTZ - Black ($154.99 EACH)
    Case: (1) Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black ($139.99 EACH)
    Power Supply: (1) Seasonic USA Focus Plus 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Fully Modular Power Supply ($129.99 EACH)
    Video Card: (1) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Dual-Fan 11GB GDDR6 PCIe 3.0 Video Card ($1,099.99 EACH)
    M.2 SSD: (1) WD Black SN750 1TB SSD 3D V-NAND PCIe NVMe Gen 3 x 4 M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Drive ($154.99 EACH)
    Hard Drive: (1) WD Black Performance 4TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($164.99 EACH)
    Water Cooling Kits: (1) Corsair iCUE H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm Water Cooling Kit ($129.99 EACH)
    Operating System: (1) Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit - USB ($139.99 EACH)
    Keyboard: (1) Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - USB PassThrough & Media Controls - Tactile & Quiet- Cherry MX Brown - RGB LED Backlit ($144.99 EACH)
    Mouse: (1) Corsair IRONCLAW Wireless RGB - FPS and MOBA Gaming Mouse - 18,000 DPI Optical Sensor - Sub-1 ms Slipstream Wireless ($89.99 EACH)
    Monitors: (2) MSI Optix AG32C 31.5" Full HD 165Hz DVI HDMI DP FreeSync Curved LED Gaming Monitor ($269.99 EACH)
    Case Fans: (2) Corsair ML120 Magnetic Levitation 120mm Case Fan - Twin Pack ($39.99 EACH)
    Total: $3,559.84
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99