Tron - Micro Center Build

System
System admin
5 Likes Photogenic
edited April 2020 in Your Completed Builds

imageTron - Micro Center Build

Hey looking for some advice on this build. So the name does not have anything to do with this build. I'm trying to make a build that will be powerful enough to allow me to run my podcast and game. Now I'm not looking to play games like sekiro or

Read the full story here

Comments

• I would lose the a320 %100 as it has almost no upgrade path at all and the Gigabyte b450m DS3H isn't much more. 4gb of RAM will not be enough because the intergrated graphics can use 2gb, plus dual channel is so much better, and 8gb is considered the bare minimum. Without a discrete GPU you could save on the PSU and go as low as 400w with no problems. Could probably find a case for $40 as well. Maybe do a 120gb SSD for under $25 and add a 1tb HHD later for storage. And remember that you can install windows for free with a download directly from Microsoft that will create a USB install drive. It's legal and has 99% functionality and a water mark in the lower left corner of the monitor. Research Tech Yes City on YouTube and use his link to buy a license key when you can. Or run Linux if you know how to use it. Good luck, I hope this helps.
  • I agree with GuyWylie on what you should change. The motherboard is basically a no go at this point, has zero upgrade potential so best to go with a b450. Also you need at least 8gb of ram to get started. So here is how I built it out and you can possibly search around for a better deal on a power supply because like Guy said for this build a 400 watt ps will handle everything nicely. And just keep an eye out for a good spinning drive for when you have 40-50 to get some more storage asap.

Configure Your PC: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=5046e6cf-4f90-411c-b697-87457ea60a9a
    CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Quad Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler ($69.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX AMD mATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.99 EACH)
    RAM: (1) Crucial Ballistix Gaming 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 PC4-19200 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit BL2K4G24C16U4B - Black ($37.99 EACH)
    Case: (1) Thermaltake Versa H17 mATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Black ($44.99 EACH)
    Power Supply: (1) Thermaltake Smart Series 500 Watt 80 Plus ATX Non-Modular Power Supply ($44.99 EACH)
    2.5" SSD: (1) Inland Professional 240GB SSD 3D TLC NAND SATA III 6GB/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (240G) ($31.99 EACH)
    Total: $304.94
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99