First time PC build help

I need a new computer but I have never built one before. I’ll be able to put it together when I have it but I don’t know what parts to get. I play a lot of rpg and mmo’s but also play games like apex and overwatch. I’d also like to be able to stream on it. My budget is $1,200 but if it could be lower that’d be great. 

Comments

• Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    Greetings! We can look into that with you. Do you already have a monitor / peripherals or would you be looking to include them in the cost of your budget? 
  • TSIanL said:
    Greetings! We can look into that with you. Do you already have a monitor / peripherals or would you be looking to include them in the cost of your budget? 
    Ill need a monitor included in the budget but if it goes a little over that’s fine too. I’d just prefer it to be less than $1,200. I already have a mouse and keyboard. 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    TSIanL said:
    Ill need a monitor included in the budget but if it goes a little over that’s fine too. I’d just prefer it to be less than $1,200. I already have a mouse and keyboard. 
    Here is what I have as a solid gaming build for the price, with a monitor included:
    Configure Your PC: https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=d61c627e-9acf-4452-866e-f8ac00d1fcab

The exact model of graphics card available would vary on the stock of your nearest Micro Center but I would say a 1660 Ti would be a good choice at this price range.

Included for monitor is a 144hz Acer monitor at $179.99, you could also get a curved monitor that is very similar for the same price, here is a link to that, that is really personal preference between curved or non-curved - https://www.microcenter.com/product/611916/aoc-m24g1c-24-full-hd-144hz-hdmi-vga-dp-freesync-curved-led-gaming-monitor

I only have a 256GB m.2 for boot/main storage but you could easily increase that to a 500/512GB model for an extra $30 or so.

Here is the full parts list:
    CPU: (1) AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Matisse 3.6GHz 6-Core AM4 Boxed Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler ($159.99 EACH)
    Motherboard: (1) ASRock B450 PRO4 AMD AM4 ATX Motherboard ($89.99 EACH)
    RAM: (1) Crucial Ballistix Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit BL2K8G32C16U4B - Black ($72.99 EACH)
    Case: (1) NZXT H510 Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case - Black/White ($69.99 EACH)
    Power Supply: (1) PowerSpec 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze ATX Non-Modular Power Supply ($49.99 EACH)
    Video Card: (1) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce Overclocked 6GB GDDR6 Dual-Fan PCIe 3.0 Video Card ($289.99 EACH)
    M.2 SSD: (1) Inland Premium 256GB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive ($44.99 EACH)
    Hard Drive: (1) WD Blue Mainstream 2TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive ($51.99 EACH)
    Operating System: (1) Microsoft Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32/64-Bit - USB ($139.99 EACH)
    Monitors: (1) Acer Nitro VG240Y Pbiip 23.8" Full HD 144Hz HDMI DP FreeSync IPS LED Monitor ($179.99 EACH)
    Total: $1,149.90
  • If someone can help me look at the compatibility of my parts I would appreciate it. The budget was suppose to be 800 and less than 900 and I plan on using it for gaming with titles such as Call of duty and rainbow. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=351c9862-4207-4f2d-b23b-38595ae1affc please and thank you.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Miguel said:
    If someone can help me look at the compatibility of my parts I would appreciate it. The budget was suppose to be 800 and less than 900 and I plan on using it for gaming with titles such as Call of duty and rainbow. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=351c9862-4207-4f2d-b23b-38595ae1affc please and thank you.

Compatibility all looks good. When you pick up the motherboard double check that the box says "Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Ready" to make sure it has the correct BIOS installed already to work with the CPU.
  • TSTonyV said:
    Miguel said:
    If someone can help me look at the compatibility of my parts I would appreciate it. The budget was suppose to be 800 and less than 900 and I plan on using it for gaming with titles such as Call of duty and rainbow. https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx?load=351c9862-4207-4f2d-b23b-38595ae1affc please and thank you.

Compatibility all looks good. When you pick up the motherboard double check that the box says "Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Ready" to make sure it has the correct BIOS installed already to work with the CPU.
    Okay, I really appreciate it thank you.
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    You're welcome, please let us know if you have any other questions. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99