Can I speak with a Manager or Sales Associate in the store?

ryau
ryau ✭✭✭✭✭
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2020 in Store Information and Policy

If you need to work with a manager or store associate directly, we recommend that you visit your local store so you can speak with them in person. You may also email them at the email address listed on the business card they provided. 

imagepng

Comments

• I want to buy a laptop.  Can I make an appointment for advice and purchase?
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    janks said:
    I want to buy a laptop.  Can I make an appointment for advice and purchase?
    There is no appointment needed to come in and work with a salesperson. All Micro Center stores are open to assist customers. 
  • Hey Ryau, hope you are well and safe in this bizzare time.  I searched on  the question and comment section  for an answer to my question but didn't see any answers and  the search engine came up w/No results.    My question is How do I Transfer  files from one computer to another and keep the original information in them ? I  I have an HP Pavilion G series with Windows 7 and I'm playing Russian Rulette with that situation; and I  Have a Dell Latitude E6430 LT with Windows 10.  I have files and some programs in the HP Pavilion I want to  to move to the Dell but want to keep them in working condition while doing it. It sounds complicated but I don't want to do it unless they can be used on the other L-top.   
    I read with files there are Turn On Network Discovery settings for secured location or Turn off Network Discovery settings for public folders. I'd like to know what, if any, is the best way to save them and the program Meta Data-the folders with all the program's function aspects in them in operative mode.   The programs I use are:-One is Corel Paint Shop
    and another-Photo Shop CS6. I spoke to Debra,I think, @ the Knowledge Center in Yonkers in early March about getting the Windows 7 Lp-top wiped and  window 10 installed on it there @ Micro C. so I can still use it.  But I did read that it's better to start out with a new version of W-10 for better functionality, Not  sure. But if you can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it. 
    Be well,
    Jimbe' 
  • I purchased an Inland Premium 1TB m.2 pcie SSD back in October of 2019 from you guys. After specifically asking an employee which one is necessary for my Macbook Air it seems I was recommended the wrong item, Now it was not until recently that I got a chance to try and insert the ssd to find out that it was an incorrect fit. Being that I still have the receipt and the ssd is in mint condition, what will be the best case scenario as for the possibilities of an exchange for the correct edition that is suitable for my MacBook Air?
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Jimbe12 said:
    Hey Ryau, hope you are well and safe in this bizzare time.  I searched on  the question and comment section  for an answer to my question but didn't see any answers and  the search engine came up w/No results.    My question is How do I Transfer  files from one computer to another and keep the original information in them ? I  I have an HP Pavilion G series with Windows 7 and I'm playing Russian Rulette with that situation; and I  Have a Dell Latitude E6430 LT with Windows 10.  I have files and some programs in the HP Pavilion I want to  to move to the Dell but want to keep them in working condition while doing it. It sounds complicated but I don't want to do it unless they can be used on the other L-top.   
    I read with files there are Turn On Network Discovery settings for secured location or Turn off Network Discovery settings for public folders. I'd like to know what, if any, is the best way to save them and the program Meta Data-the folders with all the program's function aspects in them in operative mode.   The programs I use are:-One is Corel Paint Shop
    and another-Photo Shop CS6. I spoke to Debra,I think, @ the Knowledge Center in Yonkers in early March about getting the Windows 7 Lp-top wiped and  window 10 installed on it there @ Micro C. so I can still use it.  But I did read that it's better to start out with a new version of W-10 for better functionality, Not  sure. But if you can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it. 
    Be well,
    Jimbe' 
    Greetings. There is not an official Microsoft software / process for transferring programs between two different computers between operating systems - typically you will need to install the programs again from the manufacturer's website / disks etc. for the programs to your new PC.

You can try using third party software such as EaseUS: https://www.easeus.com/pc-transfer/copy-installed-software.html but it is not something we would provide troubleshooting on as it is not a software we provide support for / sell at Micro Center. 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Kelvin said:
    I purchased an Inland Premium 1TB m.2 pcie SSD back in October of 2019 from you guys. After specifically asking an employee which one is necessary for my Macbook Air it seems I was recommended the wrong item, Now it was not until recently that I got a chance to try and insert the ssd to find out that it was an incorrect fit. Being that I still have the receipt and the ssd is in mint condition, what will be the best case scenario as for the possibilities of an exchange for the correct edition that is suitable for my MacBook Air?
    Greetings. We can look into this further for you but we believe it would be best if you could text/chat to us about this situation in case we obtain personal information about your purchase and do not wish to put this on a public forum - if you text our tech support number at 614-850-3670 we can assist you better with this matter. Thank you! 
  • Hi, I have a 2018 MacBook Pro with an LCD screen issue, and was referred to you by Apple Support. I’m in an extreme emergency work situation - I am a mental health professional needing to provide services and resources to my clients (suicide, domestic abuse, anxiety, etc. due to COVID.) Apple Support recommended you and believes the issue is with the LCD screen. When is the soonest I could bring it in for servicing?

I’m sure you are all extremely busy. I’ve called and emailed, but I’m reaching out via this forum method, too - Not sure which one is quicker.

Please let me know. Thank you so much. 
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    Kdan8 said:
    Hi, I have a 2018 MacBook Pro with an LCD screen issue, and was referred to you by Apple Support. I’m in an extreme emergency work situation - I am a mental health professional needing to provide services and resources to my clients (suicide, domestic abuse, anxiety, etc. due to COVID.) Apple Support recommended you and believes the issue is with the LCD screen. When is the soonest I could bring it in for servicing?

I’m sure you are all extremely busy. I’ve called and emailed, but I’m reaching out via this forum method, too - Not sure which one is quicker.

Please let me know. Thank you so much. 
    Greetings, all of our Micro Center stores are open for repair services. Our forum/community is not located within a store, but it can be brought by at any time we are open, no appointment needed. They will provide a repair estimate directly at your local Micro Center. 
  • Good after noon I purchased a video card online  around 5 am this morning i must have clicked on the wrong card i had 3 that i was comparing so it was probably my fault but it is not the card i want how do i go about getting the one i do want no one answers the phone in the Patterson NJ store
  • francisco said:
    Good after noon I purchased a video card online  around 5 am this morning i must have clicked on the wrong card i had 3 that i was comparing so it was probably my fault but it is not the card i want how do i go about getting the one i do want no one answers the phone in the Patterson NJ store
    We would be able to take a look at this over the phone/text at 614-850-3675 or you can reach us via our chat system on the site. We will need the order number or the email used to place the order to be able to look into this for you. 
  • Jimbe12 said:
    Hey Ryau, hope you are well and safe in this bizzare time.  I searched on  the question and comment section  for an answer to my question but didn't see any answers and  the search engine came up w/No results.    My question is How do I Transfer  files from one computer to another and keep the original information in them ? I  I have an HP Pavilion G series with Windows 7 and I'm playing Russian Rulette with that situation; and I  Have a Dell Latitude E6430 LT with Windows 10.  I have files and some programs in the HP Pavilion I want to  to move to the Dell but want to keep them in working condition while doing it. It sounds complicated but I don't want to do it unless they can be used on the other L-top.   
    Be well,
    Jimbe' 
    Hello Jimbe, your personal files and documents can certainly be easily transfered using multiple methods such as Flash drives, external hard drives, or even using the file sharing permissions. The issue with programs is that they modify multiple areas of windows making transferring them difficult, in the case of upgrading to windows 10 some older programs are not compatible and have newer version that work in windows 10. This is why a fresh install or download is recommended on newer computers. Unfortunately, we do not have any software or product that would make transferring a program between versions of windows possible.

Kelvin said:
    I purchased an Inland Premium 1TB m.2 pcie SSD back in October of 2019 from you guys. After specifically asking an employee which one is necessary for my Macbook Air it seems I was recommended the wrong item, Now it was not until recently that I got a chance to try and insert the ssd to find out that it was an incorrect fit. Being that I still have the receipt and the ssd is in mint condition, what will be the best case scenario as for the possibilities of an exchange for the correct edition that is suitable for my MacBook Air?
    Kelvin, we offer a one year warranty with many of our inland drives, however this doesn't normally cover incompatibility. I would recommend reaching out to our team using our email form https://www.mctsol.com/newtechsupport_form.php and we would be able to go over all of the options with you. You may also text or chat with us directly at https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/tech-support.aspx
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99