ACPI BIOS ERROR on boot up

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out here . I'm trying to fix a friend's laptop

Lenovo Z50-75

The error my friend is receiving is the BSOD on boot up ACPI BIOS Error. I can't even get the laptop to boot from any bootable media like Windows 7, 8 or 10.

The Hard drive is fine, has an OS and works in other laptops. 

The BIOS does not have an option to disable or enable ACPI. The BIOS is the latest and only version for 64-bit. 

Any suggestions on how to disable ACPI on this laptop?

Comments

• Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out here . I'm trying to fix a friend's laptop

Lenovo Z50-75

The error my friend is receiving is the BSOD on boot up ACPI BIOS Error. I can't even get the laptop to boot from any bootable media like Windows 7, 8 or 10.

The Hard drive is fine, has an OS and works in other laptops. 

The BIOS does not have an option to disable or enable ACPI. The BIOS is the latest and only version for 64-bit. 

Any suggestions on how to disable ACPI on this laptop?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2020
    Hello Rahshai! Welcome to the forum. Since you had two identical posts, I merged them here so we can keep easy track of any answers and other questions you may have.

ACPI is not a setting you really "enable" or "disable." ACPI it's more like an industry standard specification/platform for power management on the device. It determines how the BIOS, Operating System, and other devices/hardware on the system communicate and regulate power usage. It's related to things like power saver modes, reducing clock speed/performance when not required by the system, only enabling devices when they specifically need to be used, etc...

If multiple known working bootable devices don't seem to work, it's probably a hardware related issue. You could try restoring your BIOS defaults,  or discharging electricity in the system by removing the battery, unplugging it and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. If you haven't already tried a different hard drive with Windows 7/8/10 on it installed inside the system, that would probably be worth a shot as well.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99