I cannot open games without them crashing

Options
So anytime I try to open games such as Fortnite or the Fractured But Whole, it crashes immediately and says unable to allocate enough memory. I updated drivers, and ran malawarebytes. Nothing fixed it. Currently when I highlight anything on my desktop, everything highlighted goes black. I have no idea what to do and I cannot get ahold of micro center 

I have a prebuilt
I have a Xeon e5530
960 non ti 
12 gigs of ram 
idk what motherboard
5tb of storage 
unknown psu

Comments

• AlexS
    Options
    Hello @ferariforests.  We do apologize for the long waits on our phone lines as the COVID-19 pandemic has kept our call center lines quite busy and our team is working as best as they can.  You do also have the option to text our technical support at 614-850-3670 and we can try to reply to you as soon as possible.

What sort of troubleshooting have you attempted so far?  Is it anytime you try to open a game or just particular games that may utilize more resources out of your computer?
  • I tried Fortnite which is not recommended and not sure about minimum specs and it crashed but then other games started crashing too
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Options
    How long has this crashing been occurring? The hardware you listed above is quite old, with the processor dating back to 2009. As software advances and they opt to use newer instruction sets in their game engines, you may run into compatibility issues when using older hardware. While I do not expect this to be the case with these specific titles, it's something to keep in mind when factoring in the age of the system. If you can provide additional details on the crashing, we might be able to isolate the issue. Is it a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) claiming the memory error (Stop Code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)? Is it just the application itself crashing out, with a box popping up in regards to the memory allocation issue? Does it reference any additional information, such as Java or C++ Runtime?

If we can narrow down when this issue started occurring, as well as additional details in regards to the specific error, we can do our best to find a solution for you.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99