Powerspec 1720 Availability

OJsDad
OJsDad ✭✭
First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Will new Powerspec 1720's get released soon, or will there be a replacement for them.  My local store doesn't have them in stock anymore.
Thanks

Answers

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Welcome to the forum, OJsDad. It looks like the PowerSpec 1720 is sold out in most of our stores. I see a few locations still have some in-stock, but it looks like their supply is dwindling. A lot of stores still carry the smaller 15 inch version (PowerSpec 1520) if that's something you're interested in. It has the exact same components, just a smaller size. I am unaware of any replacements for that model, however I would recommend favoriting the following page as it's sorted by all PowerSpec laptops: https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294967288+4294819443&myStore=false. If anything changes, it should show up there.

It's worth checking back periodically as sometimes our stores get returns for products so after they wipe them, test them and put them back on shelves, you may even be able to snag one at a further discount. That's how I got a good deal on my PowerSpec 1510 and it's still going strong after a few years now.
  • Thanks for the reply TS.  I may go with the 1520 if I cannot find a 1720.  With all of the supply chain disruptions, I thought I would check on the 1720 first.  I travel for work, or did before all of this started, so would like a little bit bigger monitor.  
    Have a good day.
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can certainly understand the desire for a bigger screen. I don't know if it would be more convenient, but we did just get a shipment of portable USB Type-C monitors in: https://www.microcenter.com/product/622623/msi-optix-mag161v-156-full-hd-60hz-mini-hdmi-usb-c---portable-ips-led-monitor. These are thin enough that they might fit in the same laptop bag if you had a big enough bag. They are a bit pricey, but the IPS panels do look quite good at all angles.

If you need anything at all, let us know. Have a great day as well!
  • TS, I found a 15" open boxed on at your Columbus store.  Ordered it last night, after 10pm, so I could pick it up in the next day or two, and got an email at 9am this morning telling me it wasn't available.  Very frustrating that an item I ordered well after the store had closed last night and was showing available on the stores web page, isn't available now before the store opens.  I can understand if it was during hours the store was open and an in-store customer was in the process of purchasing it.  Oh, I'll keep looking.  

BTW, love the Machoman avatar.  
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    OJsDad said:
    TS, I found a 15" open boxed on at your Columbus store.  Ordered it last night, after 10pm, so I could pick it up in the next day or two, and got an email at 9am this morning telling me it wasn't available.  Very frustrating that an item I ordered well after the store had closed last night and was showing available on the stores web page, isn't available now before the store opens.  I can understand if it was during hours the store was open and an in-store customer was in the process of purchasing it.  Oh, I'll keep looking.  

BTW, love the Machoman avatar.  
    I am sorry to hear about that experience. Our reservation system does require that the product is manually removed from the floor inventory once they receive the reservation, so it's likely they were backed up processing reservations before they were able to get to it in-time. Either way, I offer my apologies. I see they have a PowerSpec 1520 open box in Mayfield Heights for $1169.96, however that would be quite the drive from Arlington. 

Also, thank you for the compliment on the avatar. I've been a huge fan of Macho Man over the years, and he was born here in Columbus!
  • OJsDad
    OJsDad ✭✭
    I got the one at the Mayfield Heights store last Sunday.  It was worth the drive.  I also added 16gb more Ram and 1tb M.2 drive.  
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    OJsDad said:
    I got the one at the Mayfield Heights store last Sunday.  It was worth the drive.  I also added 16gb more Ram and 1tb M.2 drive.  
    Glad to hear it! The 1720 is a solid laptop, I think you'll be very happy with it. As always, if you ever have any questions or problems, please reach out to us and we'd be happy to help you!
  • OJsDad
    OJsDad ✭✭
    Just to clarify, I got the 1520 and I'm happy with it.  It's got a bit of weight to it, so I think I'll be happy with the lighter weight over the 1720, when traveling.  
  • PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    OJsDad said:
    Just to clarify, I got the 1520 and I'm happy with it.  It's got a bit of weight to it, so I think I'll be happy with the lighter weight over the 1720, when traveling.  
    Happy to here you were able to get one. If it's anything like my old 1510, I think you'll enjoy it. As a quick reminder, if you do any gaming whatsoever, it's worth keeping the GPU in Discrete mode to utilize the high refresh rate 144hz panel and NVIDIA's G-Sync technology. Battery life will suffer, but to be fair, battery life is never going to be good on these larger gaming laptops. 

Like Tony said, if you have any questions whatsoever, let us know. We'll gladly do anything we can to assist.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99