Debating on buying this... Need Advice

My buddy is selling his PC, pretty serious gamer and potentially want to stream. Do you think it is gonna be enough for me and how much do you think it is worth based off the  hardware listed below:
Intel core i5-4690k processor
Intel dual band wireless-AC 7260
Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard
Seasonic M12 eco edition power supply
Corsair 760t Full tower case
Zahlman CPU Cooler
MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G and Ballistix 8GB Ram
Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Comments

• Hello @paulPC_95!  Welcome to the Micro Center Community!

This build is on the older side when it comes to the processor.. what games do you plan on playing?  What resolution is the monitor you are playing on?  
  • fps shooters like COD and Apex Legends and I have a 60htz monitor right now but id eventually get a better one. Could I swap out the processor for an i7 or would that not be compatible with the rest of the build. What would be your guess on how much its worth btw?
  • @TSPhillipT
    fps shooters like COD and Apex Legends and I have a 60htz monitor right now but id eventually get a better one. Could I swap out the processor for an i7 or would that not be compatible with the rest of the build. What would be your guess on how much its worth btw?
  • Unfortunately I am not great with pricing used items like this.  You can upgrade to an i7 processor, but it would have to be a 4th Gen Processor.  If you plan on upgrading your monitor to something that is 1440p resolution, I would advise skipping out on this and consider a newer prebuilt gaming PC or building your own.  I think this build will handle Apex and COD at 1080p, but it wouldn't be the best performance and lowered graphic settings.  
  • Okay thank you that helps a lot!
  • Ian
    Ian admin
    5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 LOLs
    paulPC_95 said:
    Okay thank you that helps a lot!
    You're welcome, let us know if you have any other questions. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99