I need to add memory to my Power Spec I bought in 2014. What to by, and how to install?

Akcamay
Akcamay ✭✭
First Anniversary
edited January 2021 in General Discussion

My  Powerspec PC INFO

Device Speifications

Device Name:     CurtisAMay-PC

Processor:           Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4340 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz

Graphics:            Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Installed RAM:  4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable)

Device ID:          F7193C75-337F-44BE-A446-4A125F371E44

Product ID:         00330 80000 00000 AA039

System Type:      64-bit operating system - x64 based processor

Pen & Touch:  No pen and touch is available for this display

Windows Specifications

Edition:               Windows 10 Pro

Version:              1909

Installed On:       2/22/2020

OS Build:            18363.778

Support

Manufacturer:     Micro Electronics Inc.

Answers

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Welcome to the forum, Akcamay! I was able to locate the model of your PowerSpec using your email, looks to be the PowerSpec B359. The motherboard in that system supports up to 16GB of memory. If you want to go with 16GB, you'll need two 8GB DDR3 1600mhz DIMM's. The most economical option we carry would be to get two of these: https://www.microcenter.com/product/509756/neo-forza-encke-8gb-(1-x-8gb)-ddr3-1600-pc3-12800-cl11-single-channel-desktop-memory-module-nmud380d8116cc1---gold. If you want to go with 8GB, you can buy one of the 8GB DIMM's for $29.99.

Unfortunately we no longer carry the exact memory that is already installed in your system and we do not recommend mixing & matching different brands/speeds, so upgrading will require replacing the memory that is currently installed in order guarantee stability.

As for how to install the memory, the process is pretty straight forward. HowToGeek has a really great article on the process: https://www.howtogeek.com/346541/how-to-upgrade-or-replace-your-pcs-ram/. Alternatively, you can find plenty of videos online that demonstrate the process. The big thing to remember is that you have to line up the notch on the memory module with the notch on the motherboards DIMM slot. After that, simply press the tabs and insert the memory downward, making sure the clips click into place.

If you need any assistance, let us know.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99