Powercolor Radeon 5700XT Dual fan warranty

ZliZec
ZliZec
First Comment
edited June 2021 in General Discussion
Hi,

First, sorry for my English.
I bought this card about two weeks ago and it has some problems with signal from HDMI port from time to time. It's an open box item and I know I have 30 days return period, but I really like the card and got it for a very good price and would like to keep it if possible. My question is what options I have? Can I return the card to Micro Center for repair or replacement or I'll have to deal with Powercolor?
I would also like to know what kind of warranty I have. Could anyone please check by my order number and give me the right information. At MC store, where I bought the card I've been told it comes with only 90 days warranty, my receipt says 1 Year limited warranty and Powercolor website says 2 Years warranty for this model.
The reference number is [removed for privacy].
 Thanks.

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @ZliZec! Welcome to the Community. 

First things first, go with Powercolor's information on the warranty for this. It's a two-year warranty, our information appears to be incorrect. 90-day warranties only apply to refurbished units, this is just an open-box. 

As for what you can do, if you return the card to Micro Center we would refund/credit you the original amount paid for it, so you'd only get the open-box amount back. We don't actually repair graphics cards or fulfill the manufacturer's warranty on them. If you want to keep this graphics card, your best bet is to contact Powercolor directly. 
  • @ZliZec
    Good afternoon and thank you for your question regarding your purchase. After review you do have a few options available to you. If you would like to return the card for a replacement, you may do so, but would be paying the difference for a new card if the item was new out of box. We do cover the warranty of the clearance options for at least 1 year, and through Powercolor it is a 2 year warranty. 

If you would like to keep the card and go through the manufacturer warranty for replacement, this may be done by calling Powercolor directly at (909) 444-0577. I would call and confirm the options available as soon as able that way you are also within your 30 day return in case you decide to return this for a different Graphics Card.

I hope this has helped, and if you have any additional questions please let us know. Thank you for contacting Micro Center Community, stay safe and have a great day!
  • Thank you guys for quick response and detailed information.
    Good to know the card will be covered by warranty for next two years. I'll try to contact Powercolor technical support first,  to see what they have to say about my problem.

Stay safe and enjoy the rest of the day.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99