Warranty Return

We purchased parts to build a PC and the case fans have broken connectors. We have already started the build and want to exchange only the fans under warranty. How would we do this? We only noticed the bad connectors when we attempted to plug the fans into the fan hub, and really don't want to disassemble everything we've done to return the case. If that is the only way to resolve this, we may choose a different case or just return the case and rebuild our old one using the rest of the parts we bought.

Comments

• Hello Cblapp,
    Thank you for reaching out to us, if the fans were purchased separately from the rest of the parts then you would be able get them swapped out within our 30 day return period. If the fans were included with the case, then unfortunately we would need the whole case to swap out within our 30 day window. Alternatively you can also reach out to the manufacture to see if they can send replacement fans as part of the manufacture warranty. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
  • C0v3rt_X
    C0v3rt_X ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020
    cblapp said:
    We purchased parts to build a PC and the case fans have broken connectors. We have already started the build and want to exchange only the fans under warranty. How would we do this? We only noticed the bad connectors when we attempted to plug the fans into the fan hub, and really don't want to disassemble everything we've done to return the case. If that is the only way to resolve this, we may choose a different case or just return the case and rebuild our old one using the rest of the parts we bought.

TSKyleH is correct. This is why I don't use stock cooling fans that comes with the case since they are typically junk. But you're going to have to tear your whole build down and repack the case with its accessories and please pack everything back neatly so that your exchange can be processed quickly. Double-check to make sure you didn't forget anything. This was a hard lesson for me and from now on, I buy aftermarket fans with a great warranty for any build.
  • All 4 of the USB ports on my Microsoft Surface Pro4 docking station recently failed to work.  The station was bought at the St. Davids, PA store on 12/22/19.  I am guessing that this is in the standard warranty period from Microsoft (<5 months); but, I would like to know how to get this repaired or replaced.  Thanks.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    SteveS05 said:
    All 4 of the USB ports on my Microsoft Surface Pro4 docking station recently failed to work.  The station was bought at the St. Davids, PA store on 12/22/19.  I am guessing that this is in the standard warranty period from Microsoft (<5 months); but, I would like to know how to get this repaired or replaced.  Thanks.
    Hello @SteveS05! Welcome to the Community. 

Microsoft does include a 1-year warranty on their Surface Dock so you're still within that time frame. However, we're not a Microsoft service provider so we actually can't do warranty claims/work under the manufacturer's warranty.

If you purchased a replacement plan with us on the dock then you can bring it back in for replacement, otherwise your best bet is to contact Microsoft directly to see if they can process an RMA. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99