How do I access the front fan on my PowerSpec G418?

Options
Must I remove the drives and their casing to get at the fan, or can it be accessed by removing the front bezel?
Thank you.

Comments

• PowerSpec_MichaelB
    PowerSpec_MichaelB ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Answer 5 Insightfuls First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2020
    Options
    If you look at the front panel of the chassis, there is a lip underneath that lets you pull the front panel off. Once removed, you'll have access to the 4 screws that secure the fan to the chassis. You may need to remove the drive bays as I believe it obstructs the removal of the fan. If you need pictures of this process, I believe I have the chassis somewhere nearby. While I don't have the exact same components to recreate the G418, I should be able to demonstrate the fan removal process with what I have on-hand.

EDIT: I grabbed the chassis and removed the front panel. You do NOT need to remove the drive bays as they should be riveted in place. The fan should be accessible from the front panel and easily removed without needing to remove anything else. Simply unplug it from the motherboard, unscrew the 4 screws and you should be good to go. Here is a picture of the removed panel & fan:

• silverfang77
    Options
    Thanks much. I'm just glad to know that it can in fact be removed.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99