First time builder temp question.

I recently built my first pc using a Phanteks 400 case, Ryzen 2600x, and Asrock pro4 matx motherboard. I am using the stock cooler and case fans. I play an MMO called Final Fantasy 14 and at 20% CPU use I get temperatures of 68c. I used the Afterburner tool to see this number. I downloaded CPUID HWMonitor and it shows SysTIN at 31/35c and CpuTIN at 41/61c. However, there is something called TMPIN #3,5,6,7,8 and #7 seems to be 10 degrees higher than the rest at 40/68c and this seems to be what Afterburner is using to determine the CPU temperature. 
What does TMPIN#7 mean and have I done something wrong to make it this much warmer?

Thanks 

Comments

• PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    It's always a bit difficult figuring out what the sensors on the motherboard are labeled as. Given the temperatures  you've listed, the chipset  you're using. I'd say it's most likely TMPIN #7 is your VRM temp. These are the voltage regulator modules around the CPU socket and they do they do tend to run hot. Anything under 80c wouldn't concern me.

I'll add that chipset is is also a strong possibility based on what you listed for a B450. SysTIN is just system temp.

Post a screenshot if you're able and also compare it with HWMonitor if you're able.
  • LunarWolf
    LunarWolf
    First Comment
    edited May 2020
    The top image is out of the game with only web browsers open and the bottom image is in-game during a loading screen. The loading seems to really make it spike but it hovers at 68c otherwise.
  • PowerSpec_MikeW
    PowerSpec_MikeW PowerSpec Engineer
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Looks like VRM to me. And Ryzen CPU's have a habit of spiking CPU voltage when they downclock. Which very well could be happening on a loading screen. As you're waiting for data to be accessed from your SSD. You're staying under 80C though and even if it spiked a little higher I wouldn't be terribly concerned. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99