Hi,
  I am trying to build a basic gaming PC for my son with the following specs:
GigaByte B450M DS3H motherboard
16GB memory
250GB Samsung SSD
Ryzen 3 3600
XFX Radeon RX 580 GPU
Corsair HX750 PSU

Unfortunately, the PC does not even power on. I tested the PSU, GPU and the SSD in an older PC and all three work. Can I have any recommendations on what to do next?

Thank you!

Comments

• Waffler
    Waffler ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Did you buy the motherboard with the Ryzen 3-series stamp on it? If not, you may have to flash the BIOS to be able to recognize the newer Ryzen 3rd generation.
  • Hi Waffler,
       It does say on the box that it is "AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop ready". Could it have something to do with the ATX 12v connection on the motherboard? 
    Thanks

• Waffler
    Waffler ✭✭
    No, it shouldn't, the 24-pin is almost always sufficient unless you're doing some heavy overclocking that requires more current.
    Try checking the connections, sometimes a loose connection is all it is. Is the PSU turned on? Are you plugged into a surge protector strip that needs to be turned on? I'm not trying to be mocking or anything, because I can't tell you how many times something didn't work on my end and it was the dumbest thing that usually was responsible.
    Yavin4 said:
    Hi Waffler,
       It does say on the box that it is "AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop ready". Could it have something to do with the ATX 12v connection on the motherboard? 
    Thanks

• Hi Waffler,
      Thank you for the quick reply once more. The PSU is indeed turned on. I have reconnected the 24-pin connector to the motherboard and still no luck. :(  The same PSU works well with an old Dell Optiplex 3020. Do you have any other ideas?
    Thanks
  • Waffler
    Waffler ✭✭
    Could be a DOA motherboard, not unheard of. May want to return it and get a new one.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Just to be safe, run through our troubleshooting guide for new builds that don't want to POST.

That will cover pretty much everything you can do on a new build. It honestly could be something as simple as you just need to unplug and re-plug your memory or clear the CMOS. If you can make it through the whole guide and it still doesn't want to boot or power on properly, either something in assembled incorrectly or there's a hardware related issue/compatibility issue. 
  • Thank you Waffler and TSTonyV!
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99