MAC laptop

I have a MAC laptop I bought in 2015 that has newest Catalina OS on it.  It powers up, but has a firmware lock that someone else put on it.  Can you reset it?

Comments

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hello @goodmancynthia012! Welcome to the Community. 

Activation/firmware locks are not something we can remove, unfortunately. That's only something Apple themselves would be able to do. You can try reaching out to them to see if they can help, however they will likely need the original proof of purchase for the unit. 
  • Thanks.  Apple support sent me on a wild goose chase today.  I traveled almost 30 miles one way just to be told that the place Apple recommended could not do a firmware reset!  It does not seem that any Apple stores are open now.  My MAC ix unusable for the for seeable future.  Any positive suggestions would be appreciated.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    If you can private message me with your contact information, I can get that passed to our service desk to see if they have any recommendations or if we'd be able to work with Apple on this for you, since we are an Apple Service Provider. 
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99